Apr 10, 2013

Christopher Hitchens. Rest in peace sir

Message 11 of 31 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Who is your role model in life?

Apr 10, 2013
Go ahead and say whatever you wanted to say, I do and I don't give a **bleep** what other people think of it, so let us know cause now you got me wondering :/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 12 of 31 (102 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Sister.
Message 13 of 31 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Going to have to say my parents. Coming from a third world country, being succesful and making sure all three of their kids, including my cousin that my mom sent for to help her sister daughter make it through college.  We are all where we want to be and they happily moved back home. and i would have to say Bill Cosby, who reached countless people of all races with his clean humor, and who is one of the all time great TV dads Man Wink

Message 14 of 31 (88 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Apr 10, 2013

my brother who served in the military and lived to return to his family

Message 15 of 31 (86 Views)
Last Guardian
9164 posts

Apr 10, 2013

What do we need role modes for at my age which is 19? ( Someone write me a 300 word essay about it Smiley Tongue ) I do understand why kids and youngsters need role models but what about us who've already developed (or achieved) an IDentity? 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 16 of 31 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

What do we need role modes for at my age which is 19? ( Someone write me a 300 word essay about it Smiley Tongue ) I do understand why kids and youngsters need role models but what about us who've already developed (or achieved) an IDentity? 

Because at a point in time we all use to be "kids and youngers" We've all looked up to somone in a way. The question 'Who is your role model in life"....take it how you want to take it. can be perceived in different ways.

Message 17 of 31 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9164 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Yes, I understand that and even said "I do understand why kids and youngsters need role models". The question was " What do adults need role models for"? since many of us here are adults.

I don't remember who my role models were. Some teachers maybe? Not a celebrity that's for sure. 

id 69 signature

Message 18 of 31 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Yes, I understand that and even said "I do understand why kids and youngsters need role models". The question was " What do adults need role models for"? since many of us here are adults.

I don't remember who my role models were. Some teachers maybe? Not a celebrity that's for sure. 

"The term role model generally means any "person who serves as an example, whose behaviour is emulated by others"

Adults, like kids, need to see positive rolemodels who can inspire them to make positive change, alter their priorities and help them make good, sensible and selfless life choices. Doesnt matter the age, any and everybody can have a role model. A wellness role model. Being over weight and seeing someone jog every morning at the same time...ect..the list goes on. Hope this helps

Message 19 of 31 (62 Views)
Last Guardian
9164 posts

Apr 10, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

"The term role model generally means any "person who serves as an example, whose behaviour is emulated by others"

Adults, like kids, need to see positive rolemodels who can inspire them to make positive change, alter their priorities and help them make good, sensible and selfless life choices. Doesnt matter the age, any and everybody can have a role model. A wellness role model. Being over weight and seeing someone jog every morning at the same time...ect..the list goes on. Hope this helps

Fair enough. Some people need, some don't. 

id 69 signature

Message 20 of 31 (54 Views)
0 Likes