Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 15, 2013

Hey The Original SE, are you a silver rewards member? I just enrolled last month and I spend a certain amount- not close to 2500 though. How did you get those discounts like that?

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 11 of 23 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 03/29/2006
Offline
21008 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 15, 2013

I personally prefer shopping at either Amazon, GEO, or Tsutaya.

Message 12 of 23 (92 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2374 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 15, 2013
For games, Amazon or Gamestop depending on who offers the best bonus and has the best discount.

For systems, Best Buy.
Message 13 of 23 (82 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 03/21/2009
Offline
2712 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 15, 2013

Amazon is amazing. If you got 80 bucks to spare just sign up for Amazon Prime. Unlimited video streaming and free two-day shipping? Yes please.

Message 14 of 23 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39975 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 15, 2013

Hosnor wrote:

Amazon is amazing. If you got 80 bucks to spare just sign up for Amazon Prime. Unlimited video streaming and free two-day shipping? Yes please.


Forgot to mention the PRIME, love me some prime.

 

Welcome back Hosnor!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 15 of 23 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34138 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

Hey The Original SE, are you a silver rewards member? I just enrolled last month and I spend a certain amount- not close to 2500 though. How did you get those discounts like that?


im a silver rewards and gamers club unlocked.

it got an honorary silver rewards membership a few months ago because ive been a reward zone member for a loooong time, i was surprised. but the gamers club helps in earning points. double point for any game related purchases. with enough points youll earn cash certificates which is what i used on that order.

the gamers club unlocked is $15 for a year but worth it, they have a lot of "pre-order this game and buy it and get a $20 gift card" offers. currently they have that offer going for BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3, Dead Island Riptide, Dead Space 3, Gears of War Judgment, God of War Ascension, Grand Theft Auto 5, Injustice Gods Among Us, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, South Park The Stick of Truth, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tomb Raider. im getting 5, maybe 6, of those games so that like $100 worth of gift cards back, nearly buy 3 get 2 free.

you also get a subscription to their dinky game magazine, it comes with some nifty coupons once in a while though. Smiley Very Happy

 

i dont mean to sound like im viral marketing but the service really adds up over time. Smiley Very Happy


Message 16 of 23 (66 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 04/29/2007
Offline
638 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 16, 2013

Back when I didn't have credit card, I visited Circuit City very often to buy games. I used to shop there often before it went closed nationwide. Smiley Sad

 

I prefer now the cheap games from online amazon.com or ebay. I only use those 2 sites to compare prices. 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 17 of 23 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 16, 2013


the_original_se wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

Hey The Original SE, are you a silver rewards member? I just enrolled last month and I spend a certain amount- not close to 2500 though. How did you get those discounts like that?


im a silver rewards and gamers club unlocked.

it got an honorary silver rewards membership a few months ago because ive been a reward zone member for a loooong time, i was surprised. but the gamers club helps in earning points. double point for any game related purchases. with enough points youll earn cash certificates which is what i used on that order.

the gamers club unlocked is $15 for a year but worth it, they have a lot of "pre-order this game and buy it and get a $20 gift card" offers. currently they have that offer going for BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3, Dead Island Riptide, Dead Space 3, Gears of War Judgment, God of War Ascension, Grand Theft Auto 5, Injustice Gods Among Us, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, South Park The Stick of Truth, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tomb Raider. im getting 5, maybe 6, of those games so that like $100 worth of gift cards back, nearly buy 3 get 2 free.

you also get a subscription to their dinky game magazine, it comes with some nifty coupons once in a while though. Smiley Very Happy

 

i dont mean to sound like im viral marketing but the service really adds up over time. Smiley Very Happy


Whoa the interest on that reward zone credit card! bleep lol

 

25% is way too much

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 18 of 23 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34138 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 16, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

 


the_original_se wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

Hey The Original SE, are you a silver rewards member? I just enrolled last month and I spend a certain amount- not close to 2500 though. How did you get those discounts like that?


im a silver rewards and gamers club unlocked.

it got an honorary silver rewards membership a few months ago because ive been a reward zone member for a loooong time, i was surprised. but the gamers club helps in earning points. double point for any game related purchases. with enough points youll earn cash certificates which is what i used on that order.

the gamers club unlocked is $15 for a year but worth it, they have a lot of "pre-order this game and buy it and get a $20 gift card" offers. currently they have that offer going for BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3, Dead Island Riptide, Dead Space 3, Gears of War Judgment, God of War Ascension, Grand Theft Auto 5, Injustice Gods Among Us, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, South Park The Stick of Truth, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tomb Raider. im getting 5, maybe 6, of those games so that like $100 worth of gift cards back, nearly buy 3 get 2 free.

you also get a subscription to their dinky game magazine, it comes with some nifty coupons once in a while though. Smiley Very Happy

 

i dont mean to sound like im viral marketing but the service really adds up over time. Smiley Very Happy


Whoa the interest on that reward zone credit card! bleep lol

 

25% is way too much


you dont have to get a credit card. the Reward Zone program is just a program, the credit card is seperate. no way id ever sign up for a stores own credit card. Smiley Very Happy


Message 19 of 23 (37 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Who is the best retailer to shop with?

Jan 17, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

 


the_original_se wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

Hey The Original SE, are you a silver rewards member? I just enrolled last month and I spend a certain amount- not close to 2500 though. How did you get those discounts like that?


im a silver rewards and gamers club unlocked.

it got an honorary silver rewards membership a few months ago because ive been a reward zone member for a loooong time, i was surprised. but the gamers club helps in earning points. double point for any game related purchases. with enough points youll earn cash certificates which is what i used on that order.

the gamers club unlocked is $15 for a year but worth it, they have a lot of "pre-order this game and buy it and get a $20 gift card" offers. currently they have that offer going for BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3, Dead Island Riptide, Dead Space 3, Gears of War Judgment, God of War Ascension, Grand Theft Auto 5, Injustice Gods Among Us, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, South Park The Stick of Truth, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Tomb Raider. im getting 5, maybe 6, of those games so that like $100 worth of gift cards back, nearly buy 3 get 2 free.

you also get a subscription to their dinky game magazine, it comes with some nifty coupons once in a while though. Smiley Very Happy

 

i dont mean to sound like im viral marketing but the service really adds up over time. Smiley Very Happy


Whoa the interest on that reward zone credit card! bleep lol

 

25% is way too much


you dont have to get a credit card. the Reward Zone program is just a program, the credit card is seperate. no way id ever sign up for a stores own credit card. Smiley Very Happy


I did Smiley Sad

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 20 of 23 (30 Views)
Reply
0 Likes