Jun 22 2013
By: SireNn Uncharted Territory 1713 posts

Who is at fault? a minivan missed my car by 2cm?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 161 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

Few hours ago, I was driving through a fairly busy street (downtown of a popular rural area) and just goin 50km/h with a minivan in front of me going the same speed. Then the guy all of a sudden came to a stop (wasn't TOO sudden but still stopped fast) and I was able to stop within proper distance (about 1-2 meters) and the next thing you know, he reversed and PRESSED ON THE GAS but he wasn't going directly back at me, he was turning towards the side parking (pretty sure he was trying to parallel park but im not sure). I swear i thought it was inevitable that i was gona get it and I was pretty shocked at how fast he reversed so I tried to put my gear in reverse as well but shaked and placed it on neutral instead... so i couldnt back up but reved my engine..

about half way in his sudden "parallel park" he had his windows rolled down and a late-20s man started mouthing me (dunno what he was saying, looked like he said the f-bomb tho), then i kinda just sat there and gave him the confused look and he yelled at me to "ROLL BACK!!!" and I rolled back... a couple was crossing the street and was waiting beside my car (thank God they waited beside my car). But the thing is, he DIDNT finish his parallel parking (if thats what he was doing), instead he just drove up the street, and stopped at a left turning lane... i kinda just looked at what he was doing at my initial spot and then drove up while he was stopped...

As I was driving up and he was on the left turning lane... i gave him a blank stare and the birdie... he was blank staring at me too.

So if that's descriptive enough... what's your opinion on this matter? btw i drive a pretty flat 2001 sunfire coupe.. maybe he couldn't see me on his minivan? but then why would he start cussing? would he possibly tried to hit me so that he good get quick money? I'd like your opinion, thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Who is at fault? a minivan missed my car by 2cm?

Jun 22, 2013

Mehhhh I think you're both equally at fault. You've got to be aware of anyone stopping and their surroundings. At the same time, he should has signaled.

Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2699 posts

Re: Who is at fault? a minivan missed my car by 2cm?

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Minivans fault %100.  He didn't signal.  I hate drivers who don't signal, its like they do it on purpose to get on peoples nerves.  If they get hit, they still act like they didn't do anything wrong.  You did the right thing by flippin him off.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)
0 Likes