Are you a scientologist?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 21 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10772 posts

Re: Who else thinks Pain Killers...

Jan 24, 2007
I got Tussin with Codeine to aid my sleep while i have pneumonia, and it doesn't really feel like it does anything. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 22 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Jan 24, 2007

jamaica0535 wrote:

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:

jamaica0535 wrote:
is your idea of painkillers Advil and Tylenol? because those dont work for crap... now in the past year ive been prescirbed quite a bit of codine.... because i had 3 ingrown toenails removed and it hurts like hell .  you dont hurt bad on that stuff, and the bit of pain you feel you really dont give a crap because your as happy as a clam and nothign can ruin your day....

haha yeah i am referring to Advil and Tylenol.

yea i tend to take 800mgs or Advil to take the edge off a headach... and when i take tylenol... itll be around a gram... the stuff isnt considered a painkiller... more of a reducer if you want to call it that... painkillers have opiates and are addicting... which sucks because when you been presicribed them 4 times in 12 months, you start to get headachs when you stop....

I used to be addicted to OxyCotans, that **bleep** will **bleep** you up.
Message 23 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3851 posts

Jan 24, 2007
What kind. Vicodin works.

Message 24 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 24, 2007

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:
Well, i don't think pain killers really work, i think it's all in the mind... when you take them, you want them to work and believe that they will work, so it usually does take your pains away.... needless to say that i take them a lot. lol it's all in the mind, but wat can i say i need the advil to get my mind activated

How about you guys? do you think Pain Killers really work, or is it all in teh mind? why?

There is a psychological effect aka the placebo effect. However, they do work, I'm sure many will back that up. But you can build a tolerance to the drug when used frequently where it will have no effect on you.
Photobucket
Message 25 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14373 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:
Well, i don't think pain killers really work, i think it's all in the mind... when you take them, you want them to work and believe that they will work, so it usually does take your pains away.... needless to say that i take them a lot. lol it's all in the mind, but wat can i say i need the advil to get my mind activated

How about you guys? do you think Pain Killers really work, or is it all in teh mind? why?

There is a psychological effect aka the placebo effect. However, they do work, I'm sure many will back that up. But you can build a tolerance to the drug when used frequently where it will have no effect on you.

Hence why it takes me one pill to get rid of any ache or pain, and it takes my friend 3 or so to get rid of any aches and pains she has.
Photobucket
PSUComic|XBL - FadeToDark|PSN - FadeToDark
Message 26 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Jan 24, 2007
After Surgery when i was on Lortab, the pills did nothing to stop my pain and all they did was make me depressed.

and it wasn't a bodily resistance either...i never take anything
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 27 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
648 posts

Jan 24, 2007
painkiller really do something they block they receptors in your nerves   say the 3 is your nerve the painkiller say its a E does this

E____3 goes to the nerve and blocks it causing pain to stop
Message 28 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 24, 2007

Lt. Claybon wrote:
After Surgery when i was on Lortab, the pills did nothing to stop my pain and all they did was make me depressed.

and it wasn't a bodily resistance either...i never take anything

I'm not sure, but what about your parents? I believe the tolerance of certain medicine and drugs are hereditary. To be positive I will ask Professor Dr. Weigal tomorrow.
Photobucket
Message 29 of 29 (1 View)
0 Likes