Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: Which superpower(s) would you want and why?

Apr 17, 2013

1) Immortality - To live forever, of course. Only con: It would be horrible to watch my immediate family die. But, it would be awesome to watch my bloodline continue. (great grand children, great nieces / nephews, etc.)

2) Flying - No explanation needed. No cons.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 36 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I think taking form of a toaster would be pretty cool. I could make toast and frozen waffles whenever I felt like it.

Message 12 of 36 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
@Mcnoob Yeah, but people would stick things inside you all the time.

@Horror Every power has a few cons, or at least one. Flying? Watch our for that plane. Immortality would be nice, maybe the power to give others immortality would also be nice, you would be the walking talking fountain of youth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 36 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Apr 17, 2013

To be totally overpowered, the Franklin RIchards powerset:

Franklin is a mutant who possesses the power to warp reality, i.e., to make any thought or desire come to fruition, even up to a cosmic scale; conjunctively, he is able to rearrange the molecular structure of matter. In a remarkable display of power, Franklin subconsciously created his own pocket universe, encompassing a virtual replica of Earth-616. As a result, several cosmic entities, including Galactus, Eternity, and Infinity, as well as Omniversal Guardian Roma and Omniversal Majestrix Opal Luna Saturnyne, began to take notice of Franklin's tremendous gifts, going so far to describe him as a "being whom the Celestials felt was on par with themselves."

In addition to reality and molecular manipulation, Franklin has vast psionic powers that have manifested as telepathy, telekinesis, energy blasts of concussive force, precognition, and astral projection. Being a child, however, Franklin's abilities are restricted to an extent by his limited control. Moreover, it remains unclear what power levels Franklin will ultimately achieve as an adult, as several future incarnations from alternate realities as well as the mainstream Marvel universe have been shown to vary in power. One such manifestation of Franklin in adult form was able to destroy two Celestials from Earth-4280 during physical combat; in the aftermath of their defeat, Franklin's immortality was strongly implied. The same individual also tapped into the power of his younger self to resurrect and transform Galactus into his own personal herald.

In terms of unrealized potential, Franklin is generally considered to be the most powerful Earth-bound mutant in the Marvel Universe.

=====

So I could leave this world/universe as is and create my own replica with whatever changes I wanted and go there (wouldn't exactly be a replica I guess cause I'd be fixing a lot of the problems we currently have just with a thought).  No one is really bothered by me having things my way and affecting them with what I do.  I think even to a point, I'd create another replica of our current world and see how certain events alter history as well.

Message 14 of 36 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Apr 17, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

@Horror Every power has a few cons, or at least one. Flying? Watch our for that plane. Immortality would be nice, maybe the power to give others immortality would also be nice, you would be the walking talking fountain of youth.

I'd be interested in immortality just to see history unfold and to see how mankind progresses over that time.  I think to a certain point though, I'd grow disgusted if I had to live through so many wars, atrocities and not seeing us get past basic stuff and learning to help one another as a people.  If I was 2,000+ years old right now, my opinion on mankind would probably be in the gutter from 'experience'/seeing it all unfold personally.  I'm sure I'd love and enjoy certain historical figures and seeing them actually better us or show how far we can go but they'd be few and far between all the other crap that goes on.

Plus, always outliving loved ones.  For my own sanity, I could see myself avoiding any attachment (plus wanting to keep the fact that I'm not aging 10-15 years after I've met you) to avoid the feeling of loss and just constantly wander the world but if I could better someone else's life and create a family every few decades...why not?

Message 15 of 36 (77 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Well that's easy

flight

eating bullets

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 16 of 36 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

The ability to Double-Jump. It is useful in so many situations. Noisy smoke alarm? No need for a step stool, just double jump. Hiking and want to climb this mountain? Double jump your way through tall ledges.

The ability to fast travel previously visited places, I didn't want full teleportation because I actually want to do exploring (and really, instantly appearing in dangerous locations is not a good thing).

And finally, shapeshifting. A large dragon would have no downside, aside from being chased by military and various scientists.

Message 17 of 36 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7134 posts

Apr 17, 2013

The ability  to read every known language on earth and  super math&science skills..

This way i  could find a cure to every thing..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 18 of 36 (61 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I would liek to have the power to predict the future, so I can win the lottery and become rich Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 36 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 17, 2013
That's called Super Intelligence Buttz.

@Dopple and when their chasing you, hide inside a cave, and shape shift into gene shallit and come out and say HEY EVERYBODY! Byeee! and watch their reactions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 20 of 36 (58 Views)
0 Likes