Jan 26 2012
By: Zerrian First Son 1 posts

When will the PS3 support game sound through headsets?

2 replies 54 views Edited Jan 26, 2012

I'm sure I'm posting this in the wrong area and this has been posted before but when will the PS3 get support to allow any headset to hear ingame sounds and such and not just chatting amongst players? I know there is the Turtle Beach (or what have you) head set that will allow this and I also know there are ways to work around this issue but I'd like to be able to use my USB headset to listen to my ingame mayhem without having to break the bank or get some crazy configuration going. Anyone, anyone at all have any ideas if this is in the works? That'd be great to find out, thanks a lot.

Message 1 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Re: When will the PS3 support game sound through headsets?

Jan 26, 2012

USB ports arent for in game sound like that unless the peripheral is specified that it is. but for the most part, you answered your own question, turtle beach is the way to go

this is my signature
Message 2 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Re: When will the PS3 support game sound through headsets?

Feb 9, 2012

The official Sony Bluetooth headset plays sound through the headset itself. It's "7.1" as well.

http://www.techshout.com/img/sony-ps3-wireless-bluetooth-headset.jpg

I believe it's around $100.

I personally am not a fan of the design.

Raptr Forum Signature

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe
Message 3 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes