Shinra Executive
38823 posts

Re: When thing(s) get popular, do you grow to dislike that thing(s)?

Dec 5, 2006
I don't get it... Alota people watching a show makes it bad?

Message 21 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8345 posts

Dec 5, 2006
I used to like Family Guy but now I really can't stand it.  It got old and stopped being as funny.  Plus it's annoying with everyone quoting it. 

There are a bunch of other things too.
Message 22 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6713 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Lt.Agar wrote:

P1STONS wrote:

Lt.Agar wrote:

P1STONS wrote:
Yes, I used to like razr phones when they were expensive and noone had them, now everyone has it and there free and 13 year old girls are like  !OMGZ RAZR LETS PUT JEWELS ON THEM OH EHM GEE!

For that same reason I like listening to music that not one person in my class knows about, then when that band gets popular i find a new one, im one step ahead of the game babe

two prime expamples, the RAZR phone... I never got one.

grand theft auto, converse shoes, nike shox, north face jackets.... just things ive had before everyone else got them

yep, popularity ruins mostly everything.

Yeah, I wore abercombie before anyone did, (not preppy, because teh old abercombie was better) and every little kid started weraing that crap, I just stoped.
Message 23 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15052 posts

Dec 5, 2006
Yeah! An example is Halo. I used to think it was just an ok shooter and it wasn't bad, but now I hate it!
Tired of run of the mill Sega Forums? Join Sonic Blast with lots of discussion about Sega and Video Games.(Click the pics)

Message 24 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4565 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Lt.Agar wrote:
<...>
Do you lose interest in popular things?

yep, popularity ruins mostly everything.

For me, it's not that i lose interest in something, but i get bored of it. Like with family guy. I've always had a great interest, due to the fact that it never stayed the same and always had some change to keep it interesting; i also like the Simpsons because of the same concept. Something i never got an interest in was South Park.
I try to be different than most people who conform... as paradoxal as that sounds to me...I keep my own interests and i tend to not fall on the wagon... If its popular, i'll see what all the fuss is about, and if 'I' like it, there it is. No matter how it's popularity fluctuates, i will always like what i do, unless it becomes bland and conforms like everything else...like some reality shows... in the end, it all seems the same to me.
/whatev (<--like that)

Sometimes, popularity does ruin things... but i think that if your love for the thing can survive something like a popularity raid, it brings even more joy to it. Such as my Astrojax. /heh I just picked it up and Vualá, i still like it.

Message Edited by PSY.GUY.3 on 12-04-2006 04:47 PM
~
Message 25 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2212 posts

Dec 5, 2006
I pretty much rebel against everything and everyone for no apparent reason.  I try to avoid popular things or things that I can tell will become popular.  For example, I watched the very first episode of The OC but I never watched it again because I tell it was going to be popular, and damned if it didn't become popular.
Message 26 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4113 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Blue Wild Angel wrote:
I pretty much rebel against everything and everyone for no apparent reason.  I try to avoid popular things or things that I can tell will become popular.  For example, I watched the very first episode of The OC but I never watched it again because I tell it was going to be popular, and damned if it didn't become popular.

simon img525/1341/indcool9gy.png

but seriously, i rebel too
Photobucket
Message 27 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5919 posts

Dec 8, 2006
These boards are getting kinda tot popular im out peace
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Dec 8, 2006

P1STONS wrote:

Lt.Agar wrote:

P1STONS wrote:
Yes, I used to like razr phones when they were expensive and noone had them, now everyone has it and there free and 13 year old girls are like  !OMGZ RAZR LETS PUT JEWELS ON THEM OH EHM GEE!

For that same reason I like listening to music that not one person in my class knows about, then when that band gets popular i find a new one, im one step ahead of the game babe

two prime expamples, the RAZR phone... I never got one.

grand theft auto, converse shoes, nike shox, north face jackets.... just things ive had before everyone else got them

that is what i feel the most pity for and the rocker look popularity beet it to the ground and killed it. i still like my converse though

��� user.

Message 29 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2382 posts

Dec 8, 2006
ive never liked family guy because i dont find it funny...

None of their jokes pertain to the storyline
In times of economic uncertainty, the world turns to Open Source

http://www.youtube.com/OprahDust
Message 30 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes