Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Re: ~Whats with this crap?Nearly everyone's parents are divorced/seperated~

Jan 25, 2007
my parents slip up a long time ago, but their divorce was one of the more civil ones, there wasnt much argument on the custody of me or my sister, and the ultimate desision on where i want to live is left up to me, i live with my mom though. Im just glad they can get along more than some when they divorce.
Message 31 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

Jan 25, 2007

Waisybabu wrote:
.Also,why dont u guys/gals try to merge your folks together again?

Wow....are there unicorns and cherubs floating around where you live? If they can't stand each other  and are unhappy together...why would I try and ''merge'' them? I WISH my parents would've split when I was a kid. It was a rather unpleasant childhood.
       America also worships celebrity. When Lindsay Lohan is the top news story on Comcast with people dying thru-out the world....something's wrong with our morals. People SHOULD be disgusted with the way Jolie & Pitt broke up a marriage....but they aren't. We treat them like gods along with all the other Hollywood freaks and we all know how much THEY value the vows of marriage.
Photobucket
Message 32 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6649 posts

Jan 25, 2007

ZanyD wrote:

Waisybabu wrote:
.Also,why dont u guys/gals try to merge your folks together again?

Wow....are there unicorns and cherubs floating around where you live? If they can't stand each other  and are unhappy together...why would I try and ''merge'' them? I WISH my parents would've split when I was a kid. It was a rather unpleasant childhood.
       America also worships celebrity. When Lindsay Lohan is the top news story on Comcast with people dying thru-out the world....something's wrong with our morals. People SHOULD be disgusted with the way Jolie & Pitt broke up a marriage....but they aren't. We treat them like gods along with all the other Hollywood freaks and we all know how much THEY value the vows of marriage.

Good point, and besides that, who says we want to? I think that things are much better when my parents aren't together. They just weren't right for each other in the end. INext to that, trying to get your parents back together is impossible and virtually a prayer for failure. Even people who love you can't change unless they really want to. And they never do really want to, in my experiences.

Honestly, it's not bad having your mom and dad in separate houses. It actually has a few perks... I think I'd like the structure even if my parents didn't disagree on so much. My parents' divorce wasn't a messy one, like the ones you hear about. I think that most people's parents were okay about it.
Message 33 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Jan 25, 2007

Waisybabu wrote:
why dont u guys/gals try to merge your folks together again?

1) My mom has a boyfreind
2) I dont really care if they are divorced, its not like they died and I dont get to see them ever again, just not together
3) Why would I try to get them back together again, if they divorced, then obviously they dont wanna be together, so they would be happier to not be with each other anymore
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 34 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4565 posts

Jan 25, 2007

Waisybabu wrote:
What the hell?I mean,ive been noticing this for a looooong time and about 70% of the ppl here have a step mom or dad.

Im sorry if u r one of them...i really am.But whats the reason behind this all?Why is the divorce rate so high?Here in South Asia,only about 10-20% men/women have married twice.Also,why dont u guys/gals try to merge your folks together again?I would try if that(i sincrely hope it doesnt)

Im the product of todays "marital bliss".... (my parents are divorced, and i got a step mom)

But it all falls down to the society. A strickt society that demands couples to stay together, either by religion or gov't, has a lower divorce rate, obviously... Where as the 'Politicaly Correct',somthing america keeps leaning towards, feel it is the right of anyone to divorce someone because they were spending too much time with their friend. But eventually.or hopefully. society will change again, and things will flop... but then again /Smiley Surprised

just my /op
~
Message 35 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11225 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Only one of my friends have divorced parents.
Message 36 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7698 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Nah, my parents are still together and they've been together for a long long time.
Message 37 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9199 posts

Jan 25, 2007
i just went to Chile, South America last year to celebrate my parents 35th anniversary.  They are still genuinely in love with each other.
Message 38 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Jan 26, 2007
I just noticed another pattern....arguing.It seems that ur folks argue alot.

Anyways...my parents do argue and about a year ago the argument turned into a fight but it soon dumbed down they were hapy again.

As for divorce being a BIG no-no?Well its allowed and all (religously)but ppl really dont like seeing someone getting divorced.
~If you read this sentence.Read it Again.~ - Waisybabu
Message 39 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 26, 2007
mine are divorced i dont care any more infact i dont care about anytihgn...........................................
Photobucket
Message 40 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes