Jan 25 2007
By: Waisybabu~ Gaming Beast 2533 posts

~Whats with this crap?Nearly everyone's parents are divorced/seperated~

47 replies 1 views Edited Jan 25, 2007
What the hell?I mean,ive been noticing this for a looooong time and about 70% of the ppl here have a step mom or dad.

Im sorry if u r one of them...i really am.But whats the reason behind this all?Why is the divorce rate so high?Here in South Asia,only about 10-20% men/women have married twice.Also,why dont u guys/gals try to merge your folks together again?I would try if that(i sincrely hope it doesnt)
~If you read this sentence.Read it Again.~ - Waisybabu
Message 1 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4969 posts

Re: ~Whats with this crap?Nearly everyone's parents are divorced/seperated~

Jan 25, 2007
my mom and dad are still together and have been for about 25 years... but about half of my friends have divorced parents
Message 2 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8200 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Yeah, my parents are split. Sadly I see a high pattern in black people, 3/4ths of my friends don't live with their fathers, its terrible.
thePHREEK's thoughts today: I have taken a vow not to spam...so don't tempt me!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 3 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Yeah it's sad nowadays.

The divorce rate never used to be so high.

Now I worry when my parents fight that they are going to get divorced.
Message 4 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9757 posts

Jan 25, 2007
I haven't seen my dad since I was 5.
Message 5 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Jan 25, 2007

buzzfarve wrote:
my mom and dad are still together and have been for about 25 years... but about half of my friends have divorced parents

Ditto

Message 6 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6649 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Well, I think that in the culture in south Asia, it's more of a social no-no to get divorced. Maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong. Or maybe they just know to pick people for the right reasons, as another cultural thing that's taught to value people for different reasons.

Here in America, we're impulsive. We get infatuated, think the "physical relations" are good and get married quickly. We also give in to temptation. For example, more young Americans might marry someone who we believe is hot and provides better "physical relations" than someone who is average but has an outstanding personality than in south Asia. We're also materialstic. Someone could be a jerk, but jerk + money = me + rich, for some people.

Fast forward twenty years... you're married to someone you used to have a crush on and used to be good-looking. You've got two kids. What you thought were cute quirks when you were lovers have become almost unbearable. You've realized that your relationship wasn't based on mutual attraction to each other's personalities, it was just the "physical relations." Seeing as you have almost nothing to lose, you're just looking for a fight. You shuffle the kids out of the room and let your spouse have it. They've stopped understanding you if they ever did, and you're finished. There isn't anything left for you in that marriage. After a bunch of nights like that, you pull out your cell phone and call up yor lawyer...

Or, maybe you're **bleep** and you've just decided to come out, a couple kids later. It's happening more and more recently in some parts of America. I'm not sure if homosexuality is frowned upon where you live, but a **bleep** partner may stay in a marriage because it's not acceptable to be with someone of the same sex, if it is.

Either way, I know my parents are divorced. My stepmom has been divorced twice. (Number three is my dad. As much stress as it's caused me, I hope three's the lucky last.)
Message 7 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Yea that's just so sad...Smiley Sad I'm so glad my parents are still together after so many years...I will make sure they stay like this for the rest of their life, I mean it.

I love my parents so much.
Message 8 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Seems like people take marriage as a joke. I guess those woes and such don't mean a thing in american weddings anymore.

think different
Message 9 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6649 posts

Jan 25, 2007

i am a nutcrack wrote:
Yea that's just so sad...Smiley Sad I'm so glad my parents are still together after so many years...I will make sure they stay like this for the rest of their life, I mean it.

I love my parents so much.

Seeing as they've been together for so long, you probably won't have to worry about that. But I think that the ability to divorce is a good thing. If parents fight or just no longer happy in being together, it would probably be best for everyone (including the kid, especially the kid) for them to split. Otherwise, the child is bound to pick up on it. It's damaging to live in such a hostile environment for so long when you're young.
Message 10 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes