Last Guardian
13770 posts

Re: What the hell is wrong with my parents?

Dec 2, 2006

MightyKefka wrote:
Your lucky, when I was living with my parents I wasn't allowed to go to a concert by myself or with friends until I was 16. They went with me alot of the time. Now I'm not really embarrassed by my parents since at the time my dad actually was a fan of Bouncing Souls and most of the Ska bands I listened to.

I wouldn't go to a concert if my parents were there..  Plus my parents are into stuff like The Beatles, I'm into stuff like As I Lay Dying..  Not much alike. 
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.
Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.
Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
Message 11 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Dec 2, 2006

chickenmaster wrote:
I don't get my parents..  I'm 15 years old, but they won't let me go to a concert with my friends unless I know them well enough that they've seen them hanging out with me around the neighborhood..  And seeing as how my neighborhood is boring as hell, that limits to about 5 friends that have to be where I'm going unless they consider it a date with just one other person...

Who elses parents have stupid rules, or weird things like this?

You parents would absolutely love As I Lay Dying!!!  Just let them listen to "The Darkest Nights"!

Message Edited by BakedPigeon on 12-01-2006 05:06 PM
Message 12 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Dec 2, 2006
just have a get together at your house one night have the friends you want to go with stay over and meet your parents...hopefully problem solved.
"Knowlege is Power...Ignorance is Bliss...You Decide"
Message 13 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13770 posts

Dec 2, 2006

BakedPigeon wrote:

chickenmaster wrote:
I don't get my parents..  I'm 15 years old, but they won't let me go to a concert with my friends unless I know them well enough that they've seen them hanging out with me around the neighborhood..  And seeing as how my neighborhood is boring as hell, that limits to about 5 friends that have to be where I'm going unless they consider it a date with just one other person...

Who elses parents have stupid rules, or weird things like this?

You parents would absolutely love As I Lay Dying!!!  Just let them listen to "The Darkest Nights"!

Message Edited by BakedPigeon on 12-01-2006 05:06 PM

I mean voice tone wise, and everytime I turn on anything on their nature they immediately turn it off and play some The Who
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.
Message 14 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6884 posts

Dec 2, 2006

chickenmaster wrote:

MightyKefka wrote:
Your lucky, when I was living with my parents I wasn't allowed to go to a concert by myself or with friends until I was 16. They went with me alot of the time. Now I'm not really embarrassed by my parents since at the time my dad actually was a fan of Bouncing Souls and most of the Ska bands I listened to.

I wouldn't go to a concert if my parents were there.. Plus my parents are into stuff like The Beatles, I'm into stuff like As I Lay Dying.. Not much alike.

I know most people thought, "Your going to a concert with your dad? How lame is that." But I don't think I ever really thought of it that way since he was the one who got me into this music. Unlike your situation, I agree with you. If your parents are into "Oldies" I doubt they would want to listen to "Metal/Hardcore/Whatever you want to call it."
PSN: AsburyX | MHFU: Asbury | Hunter Rank: G** HR8

Message 15 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Dec 2, 2006
lol dude im 16 and i like the beatles,AC/DC, CCR, Neil Young,Guns N roses,Metallica,Black Sabbath...ect but i also like punk rock lol like even the screming ones! Smiley Tongue im just really open when it comes to music...allthough my parents think its funny that i listen to the same stuff they did back in highschool..yes even pink floyd and the who.

Message 16 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13770 posts

Dec 2, 2006

gamer_kid_2005 wrote:
lol dude im 16 and i like the beatles,AC/DC, CCR, Neil Young,Guns N roses,Metallica,Black Sabbath...ect but i also like punk rock lol like even the screming ones! Smiley Tongue im just really open when it comes to music...allthough my parents think its funny that i listen to the same stuff they did back in highschool..yes even pink floyd and the who.

I apprecaite the older bands since they paved the way for future bands...  It's just I don't like listening to them loud and such.  Much would rather listen to Red Jumpsuit Apparatus or Children of Bodom Smiley Tongue
Message 17 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7225 posts

Dec 2, 2006
They just trying to protect you. My mom went with me on concerts since I couldn't on my own or friends. I'm 20 years and thank you that she let me hangout with my cousin on New Year's. She knows that me and my cousins go to partys with drinks.
MimiPRGameFreak Trophy Card
Message 18 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Dec 2, 2006
love bodem's guitar solos soo amazing! but eruption is better its one big solo Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Dec 2, 2006
My parents are exactly the same way it really sux
Message 20 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes