Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Dec 09 2006
By: jd3190~ First Son 25 posts
Offline

What's a good digital camera for a starter?

7 replies 1 views Edited Dec 9, 2006
I'm thinking about getting into photography and i was wondering what's a good camera to start off with? I'm thinking about getting a camera that gets really clear pictures but is also affordable. Can anyone recommend me a good camera? Preferably Sony.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/25/2006
Offline
1757 posts
 

Re: What's a good digital camera for a starter?

Dec 9, 2006
I was just about to post this same thread.only i am looking for a Digital Video Camera..I already have one for photos but the video function is horrid.

I'm in the market for a good digital camcorder..Money isnt really a big deall..But i dont want anything to outrageous.
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/26/2006
Offline
13470 posts
 

Re: What's a good digital camera for a starter?

Dec 9, 2006
Sony Cybershots and Canons are good. Best bet is to talk with the local store employee:smileyhappy:



Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/25/2006
Offline
1757 posts
 

Re: What's a good digital camera for a starter?

Dec 9, 2006


SocomMaster11 wrote:
Sony Cybershots and Canons are good. Best bet is to talk with the local store employee:smileyhappy:


I just google it..I saw a Canon Digital Camcorder for about 200-300 bucks.I might go to best buy this weekend and scoop one up..

I feel like youtubing.
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: What's a good digital camera for a starter?

Dec 9, 2006


jd3190 wrote:
I'm thinking about getting into photography and i was wondering what's a good camera to start off with? I'm thinking about getting a camera that gets really clear pictures but is also affordable. Can anyone recommend me a good camera? Preferably Sony.
Thanks



If image quality is a concern, then stay away from Sony.
 
Whats your budget? Do you want manual controls or are automatic controls okay? Manual is better if you want to make it a real hobby, but auto controls are good if you're like me and just snap pictures of random things at random times during the day.
 
Canon makes the best. Their CCDs and image processors are a step above everyone else and they tend not to compress the picture as much as Sony does.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/25/2006
Offline
1757 posts
 

Re: What's a good digital camera for a starter?

Dec 9, 2006


wrote:


jd3190 wrote:
I'm thinking about getting into photography and i was wondering what's a good camera to start off with? I'm thinking about getting a camera that gets really clear pictures but is also affordable. Can anyone recommend me a good camera? Preferably Sony.
Thanks



If image quality is a concern, then stay away from Sony.
 
Whats your budget? Do you want manual controls or are automatic controls okay? Manual is better if you want to make it a real hobby, but auto controls are good if you're like me and just snap pictures of random things at random times during the day.
 
Canon makes the best. Their CCDs and image processors are a step above everyone else and they tend not to compress the picture as much as Sony does.


What about camcorderes....For video only.
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/27/2006
Offline
148 posts
 

Re: What's a good digital camera for a starter?

Dec 9, 2006
I've had both Sony and Canon digital cameras, and I prefer the Canon brand.  I have the Canon Powershot S2 IS and I love it.  Great color clarity, 12X optical zoom, image stabilization...I've taken thousands of pictures with it and I have no complaints.  I highly recommend the Canon Powershot line.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/24/2006
Offline
25 posts
 

Re: What's a good digital camera for a starter?

Dec 9, 2006
Thanks for all the replies everyone
So is Canon a lot better than Sony or just slightly better?
btw, im looking to just snag some random pics like stuff that i find cool looking like street signs or something
not really focusing on certain objects to take pics of, just random stuff
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes