Reply
Dec 13 2006
By: Hood_Station Keyblade Wielder 10110 posts
Offline

What's a flat tube tv?

18 replies 9 views Edited Dec 13, 2006
Is it better then a LCD? Cause im thinking about getting this...

Insignia™ 27" Flat-Tube HDTV - Silver/Black

here
Message 1 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006


Station-PSP wrote:
Is it better then a LCD? Cause im thinking about getting this...

Insignia™ 27" Flat-Tube HDTV - Silver/Black

here


Flat Tube means the tube they used inside the old CRTs are flat so it doesnt' seem that the picture is curving at the side. It is not better then LCD>
Message 2 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/08/2006
Offline
1175 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006
flat CRT, and hell no, its not, but in pic quality it is.
Message 3 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/18/2006
Offline
10110 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006
and is that a good tv?
Message 4 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/05/2006
Offline
6938 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006


aznsniper911 wrote:


Station-PSP wrote:
Is it better then a LCD? Cause im thinking about getting this...

Insignia™ 27" Flat-Tube HDTV - Silver/Black

here


Flat Tube means the tube they used inside the old CRTs are flat so it doesnt' seem that the picture is curving at the side. It is not better then LCD>


Uhhhhhhh, what he said.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/08/2006
Offline
1175 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006


Station-PSP wrote:
and is that a good tv?


its alright, but u could do much better, if i were u, if ur gonna get a TV 32" and below, look into SHARP Aquos and Samsung line of LCD's, if ur gonna go above 36", look into Plasma's.
Message 6 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/22/2006
Offline
2382 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006
LCD is slimmer, so you could plant it against a wall, you cant do that with a tube tv

most LCDs can do 1080p, which is "the only true HD picture"
 
you wont really notice a difference between 1080i and 1080p except in gaming
In times of economic uncertainty, the world turns to Open Source

http://www.youtube.com/OprahDust
Message 7 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/08/2006
Offline
1175 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006


OprahDust wrote:
LCD is slimmer, so you could plant it against a wall, you cant do that with a tube tv

most LCDs can do 1080p, which is "the only true HD picture"
 
you wont really notice a difference between 1080i and 1080p except in gaming


Dumbest comment of the daySmiley Very Happy

but neways, theres no point in a 1080p HDTV unless ur planning on buying a HDTV that is 50"+, if ur going below that range, then u can hardly tell the difference between 720p/1080i/1080p.
Message 8 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/25/2005
Offline
18648 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006


Da_Producer wrote:
Dumbest comment of the daySmiley Very Happy

but neways, theres no point in a 1080p HDTV unless ur planning on buying a HDTV that is 50"+, if ur going below that range, then u can hardly tell the difference between 720p/1080i/1080p.

If you think his is dumb, then should i say your answer is the most obvious?
Message 9 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/08/2006
Offline
1175 posts
 

Re: What's a flat tube tv?

Dec 13, 2006


aznsniper911 wrote:


Da_Producer wrote:
Dumbest comment of the daySmiley Very Happy

but neways, theres no point in a 1080p HDTV unless ur planning on buying a HDTV that is 50"+, if ur going below that range, then u can hardly tell the difference between 720p/1080i/1080p.

If you think his is dumb, then should i say your answer is the most obvious?


ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................????????????/
Message 10 of 19 (9 Views)
Reply
0 Likes