Last Guardian
13055 posts

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNEEEEEE It rocks so bad!!!!111shiftoneshiftone

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 51 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Jan 26, 2007

Tonedeff wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

wrote:

Hofman101 wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:
The MicroPhoto is a reliable and inexpensive player for what it costs, but the screen is an OLED screen and can't be seen outside. It's very dim. I don't mind iPods, but I've had bad experiences with them in the sense that they have been unreliable. I've never tried the Gigabeat, so I can't tell you anything about it. If you want a reliable, inexpensive player, go with the MicroPhoto. If you want the 30GB capacity and don't mind taking the risk, go with an iPod. Personally, I LOVE my Creative Zen Vision W, but that isn't on what you're looking at.

Message Edited by brush fire on 01-25-2007 07:01 PM

My iPod mini is almost 2 years old now and the battery life is still just as good as the day I bought it. Infact, if not the natural discoloration of the click wheel caused by two years of heavy use and oils from my fingers building up, you could easily mistake it (appearance and performance) for a brand new iPod mini. Apple released statistics showing that the iPod actually has the lowest failure rate of all major mass produced electronics.
OP: For the Zune, forget it. The sales of the Zune are falling by the day. The DRM is absolutely insane and you can't use the device as an external hard drive unless you hack it. As much as 60% of the music you get from the Zune Marketplace will be restricted from being "squirted", as Steve "I'm Going To Eat Your Children" Balmer put it, to other Zune players. The Zune is nothing but a DRM machine. Plus the screen is FUBAR'ed because it has a 4:3 pixel aspect ratio, but its stretched out to 16:9 so the video looks distorted and stretched.
The Toshiba Gigabeat S.... it's not selling well either. Not even single digit marketshare. Toshiba has a knack for literally dropping products from their line and support for them. Just go read user experiences with Toshiba notebook PCs. THey've had several lines that were problematic that they simply dropped and refused to honor warranties for.
The iPod is your best bet. It has the lowest failure rate and you've already got an iTunes library setup. Plus, in all honesty, buying anything besides an iPod is a DOWNGRADE from your nano. You don't trade in the Porsche for the Ford Pinto, you know?

Sorry. I can't hear you over the fanboyism.

"Fanboyism"? Making up words now? Fine, if you want to ignore HONEST advice, then you're SOL and you can deal with any POS you end up buying. You can't prove anything I said wrong. You can't prove it to be "fanboyism", because EVERY single thing I said in this thread and your other thread is backed up by hardcore facts that you can find by simply going to the sources I mentioned.
Fanboy? Hardly. I spoke the truth. Before you go making up words, check the facts. But if you want to buy some POS and downgrade, then be my guest. I'll be the first on to post in your thread when you're having problems with whatever non-iPod you buy and laugh at you and say "I told you so".

Yes, fanboyism. Calling everything but an iPod a "POS" would be fanboyism. There are mp3 players that are just as, if not more reliable then some iPods and have more features. Just because iPods sell the best, does not in any way make them the best. Most popular, yes. However, they aren't popular because they are the most reliable, nor to they have the most features. They are popular because they are thin, they look nice, and are user friendly.

There are no MP3 players as reliable as the iPod. Apple released the facts showing they have the lowest failure rate of any MP3 player, and nearly all consumer electronics.
More features? Such as what? The wifi sharing in the Zune that will stop you from sharing as much as 60% of your music? Or useless FM radios that make the player incredibly thick and get terrible reception anyway?
Anyway, iPods sell the best because they are the best. You don't sell more than 20 million units of something in a 3 month period at $150-$350 a pop if its not the best

Just beacuse something sells well doesn't mean its the best. Just stating the obvious...

Exactly what I said.
Message 52 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8085 posts

Jan 26, 2007
get the

Creative Zen Vision: M

Much nicer screen than iPod, or any others you mentioned(maube an exception to Zune) for about the same ptice as iPod, + fm tuner, recorder, Etc... i have one...10/10
Message 53 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 26, 2007

Tonedeff wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

wrote:

Hofman101 wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:
The MicroPhoto is a reliable and inexpensive player for what it costs, but the screen is an OLED screen and can't be seen outside. It's very dim. I don't mind iPods, but I've had bad experiences with them in the sense that they have been unreliable. I've never tried the Gigabeat, so I can't tell you anything about it. If you want a reliable, inexpensive player, go with the MicroPhoto. If you want the 30GB capacity and don't mind taking the risk, go with an iPod. Personally, I LOVE my Creative Zen Vision W, but that isn't on what you're looking at.

My iPod mini is almost 2 years old now and the battery life is still just as good as the day I bought it. Infact, if not the natural discoloration of the click wheel caused by two years of heavy use and oils from my fingers building up, you could easily mistake it (appearance and performance) for a brand new iPod mini. Apple released statistics showing that the iPod actually has the lowest failure rate of all major mass produced electronics.
OP: For the Zune, forget it. The sales of the Zune are falling by the day. The DRM is absolutely insane and you can't use the device as an external hard drive unless you hack it. As much as 60% of the music you get from the Zune Marketplace will be restricted from being "squirted", as Steve "I'm Going To Eat Your Children" Balmer put it, to other Zune players. The Zune is nothing but a DRM machine. Plus the screen is FUBAR'ed because it has a 4:3 pixel aspect ratio, but its stretched out to 16:9 so the video looks distorted and stretched.
The Toshiba Gigabeat S.... it's not selling well either. Not even single digit marketshare. Toshiba has a knack for literally dropping products from their line and support for them. Just go read user experiences with Toshiba notebook PCs. THey've had several lines that were problematic that they simply dropped and refused to honor warranties for.
The iPod is your best bet. It has the lowest failure rate and you've already got an iTunes library setup. Plus, in all honesty, buying anything besides an iPod is a DOWNGRADE from your nano. You don't trade in the Porsche for the Ford Pinto, you know?

"Fanboyism"? Making up words now? Fine, if you want to ignore HONEST advice, then you're SOL and you can deal with any POS you end up buying. You can't prove anything I said wrong. You can't prove it to be "fanboyism", because EVERY single thing I said in this thread and your other thread is backed up by hardcore facts that you can find by simply going to the sources I mentioned.
Fanboy? Hardly. I spoke the truth. Before you go making up words, check the facts. But if you want to buy some POS and downgrade, then be my guest. I'll be the first on to post in your thread when you're having problems with whatever non-iPod you buy and laugh at you and say "I told you so".

Yes, fanboyism. Calling everything but an iPod a "POS" would be fanboyism. There are mp3 players that are just as, if not more reliable then some iPods and have more features. Just because iPods sell the best, does not in any way make them the best. Most popular, yes. However, they aren't popular because they are the most reliable, nor to they have the most features. They are popular because they are thin, they look nice, and are user friendly.

There are no MP3 players as reliable as the iPod. Apple released the facts showing they have the lowest failure rate of any MP3 player, and nearly all consumer electronics.

More features? Such as what? The wifi sharing in the Zune that will stop you from sharing as much as 60% of your music? Or useless FM radios that make the player incredibly thick and get terrible reception anyway?

Anyway, iPods sell the best because they are the best. You don't sell more than 20 million units of something in a 3 month period at $150-$350 a pop if its not the best

Just beacuse something sells well doesn't mean its the best. Just stating the obvious...

The iPod has moved more than 70 million units. It's actually selling faster than DVD players did. If something is not the best it would not sell that fast.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 54 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Jan 26, 2007
Popular doesn't mean best.
Message 55 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3184 posts

Jan 26, 2007

wrote:

Tonedeff wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

wrote:

Hofman101 wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

The iPod has moved more than 70 million units. It's actually selling faster than DVD players did. If something is not the best it would not sell that fast.

That's some **bleep**ed up logic my freind.
Message 56 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8085 posts

Jan 26, 2007

brush fire wrote:
Popular doesn't mean best.

yeah, its a fad at best. one person sees, then 2 people want it, and so on.
Message 57 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14448 posts

Jan 26, 2007

wrote:

Tonedeff wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

wrote:

Hofman101 wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

So it has sold faster than what the PS2's? (that have DVD players....)
Message 58 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 26, 2007

brush fire wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

wrote:

Hofman101 wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

I'm going to ignore you for two reasons. One, I don't want this thread locked because of flaming or going off topic. Two, anything I say, you will deny saying iPods are better because of this or that. There is no point to debating this with you because you will not accept that people may like other players better then the iPod nor will you accept that people have had iPods fail on them. Just because you haven't had that happen doesn't mean other people were so lucky. End of discussion.

Translation: I don't like the truth and I'm backing out of my argument that I started because I was wrong, but I'm trying to look like the big man here.

Again, Apple released statistics proving that the iPod has a low failure rate. Lower than anyother piece of consumer electronics. You just hear more about iPods failing because there are 70 million of them in peoples hands. But when you compare percentages, everyone else, ESPICIALLY Creative, has higher failure rates. You're more likely to get a player that will die from other manufacturers than you are from Apple.

Message 59 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Jan 26, 2007

PS2112 wrote:

wrote:

Tonedeff wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

wrote:

Hofman101 wrote:

wrote:

brush fire wrote:

So it has sold faster than what the PS2's? (that have DVD players....)

PS2 sales have never been counted with "official" DVD player sales numbers. It's selling slower overall than the PS2 did. The PS2 made it to 100 million sold... last year I think? Maybe end of 2005? The PS2 has been around for 7 years (in 2 months), while the iPod is just over 5 years old but it will pass the 100 million mark this year. DVD players didn't actually pick up until after the PS2 was released. You can find sales data over at thedigitalbits.com

Message 60 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes