Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/22/2006
Offline
3517 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007


wrote:


Hofman101 wrote:


lancer8869 wrote:
Be prepared to get pounced on by fanboy Sauron

Yeah, that happened to me in the thread I posted about when I got my iPod stolen


Because telling the TRUTH is being a fanboy


Sup Sauron, mind helping out LoD in this thread?Smiley Happy
Message 31 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007


Hofman101 wrote:


wrote:


brush fire wrote:
The MicroPhoto is a reliable and inexpensive player for what it costs, but the screen is an OLED screen and can't be seen outside. It's very dim. I don't mind iPods, but I've had bad experiences with them in the sense that they have been unreliable. I've never tried the Gigabeat, so I can't tell you anything about it. If you want a reliable, inexpensive player, go with the MicroPhoto. If you want the 30GB capacity and don't mind taking the risk, go with an iPod. Personally, I LOVE my Creative Zen Vision W, but that isn't on what you're looking at.

Message Edited by brush fire on 01-25-2007 07:01 PM


My iPod mini is almost 2 years old now and the battery life is still just as good as the day I bought it. Infact, if not the natural discoloration of the click wheel caused by two years of heavy use and oils from my fingers building up, you could easily mistake it (appearance and performance) for a brand new iPod mini. Apple released statistics showing that the iPod actually has the lowest failure rate of all major mass produced electronics.
 
OP: For the Zune, forget it. The sales of the Zune are falling by the day. The DRM is absolutely insane and you can't use the device as an external hard drive unless you hack it. As much as 60% of the music you get from the Zune Marketplace will be restricted from being "squirted", as Steve "I'm Going To Eat Your Children" Balmer put it, to other Zune players. The Zune is nothing but a DRM machine. Plus the screen is FUBAR'ed because it has a 4:3 pixel aspect ratio, but its stretched out to 16:9 so the video looks distorted and stretched.
 
The Toshiba Gigabeat S.... it's not selling well either. Not even single digit marketshare. Toshiba has a knack for literally dropping products from their line and support for them. Just go read user experiences with Toshiba notebook PCs. THey've had several lines that were problematic that they simply dropped and refused to honor warranties for.
 
The iPod is your best bet. It has the lowest failure rate and you've already got an iTunes library setup. Plus, in all honesty, buying anything besides an iPod is a DOWNGRADE from your nano. You don't trade in the Porsche for the Ford Pinto, you know?


Sorry. I can't hear you over the fanboyism.


"Fanboyism"? Making up words now? Fine, if you want to ignore HONEST advice, then you're SOL and you can deal with any POS you end up buying. You can't prove anything I said wrong. You can't prove it to be "fanboyism", because EVERY single thing I said in this thread and your other thread is backed up by hardcore facts that you can find by simply going to the sources I mentioned.
 
Fanboy? Hardly. I spoke the truth. Before you go making up words, check the facts. But if you want to buy some POS and downgrade, then be my guest. I'll be the first on to post in your thread when you're having problems with whatever non-iPod you buy and laugh at you and say "I told you so".  
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 32 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/18/2006
Offline
534 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007


Message Edited by tylerc93 on 01-25-2007 09:26 PM
Photobucket
Psn Id. Caldwell / Xx-illuSioNzZ-xX
I HAVE 120,000 KILLS BUT IM TO LAZY TO UPDATE MY SIG
Message 33 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/09/2006
Offline
8440 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007


tylerc93 wrote:


Message Edited by tylerc93 on 01-25-2007 09:26 PM

I only where sunglasses when I need toSmiley Wink
Message 34 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/06/2006
Offline
3322 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007
get the 30gb ipod.

i have one and i love it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 35 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/09/2006
Offline
8440 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007


wrote:


Hofman101 wrote:


wrote:


brush fire wrote:
The MicroPhoto is a reliable and inexpensive player for what it costs, but the screen is an OLED screen and can't be seen outside. It's very dim. I don't mind iPods, but I've had bad experiences with them in the sense that they have been unreliable. I've never tried the Gigabeat, so I can't tell you anything about it. If you want a reliable, inexpensive player, go with the MicroPhoto. If you want the 30GB capacity and don't mind taking the risk, go with an iPod. Personally, I LOVE my Creative Zen Vision W, but that isn't on what you're looking at.

Message Edited by brush fire on 01-25-2007 07:01 PM


My iPod mini is almost 2 years old now and the battery life is still just as good as the day I bought it. Infact, if not the natural discoloration of the click wheel caused by two years of heavy use and oils from my fingers building up, you could easily mistake it (appearance and performance) for a brand new iPod mini. Apple released statistics showing that the iPod actually has the lowest failure rate of all major mass produced electronics.
 
OP: For the Zune, forget it. The sales of the Zune are falling by the day. The DRM is absolutely insane and you can't use the device as an external hard drive unless you hack it. As much as 60% of the music you get from the Zune Marketplace will be restricted from being "squirted", as Steve "I'm Going To Eat Your Children" Balmer put it, to other Zune players. The Zune is nothing but a DRM machine. Plus the screen is FUBAR'ed because it has a 4:3 pixel aspect ratio, but its stretched out to 16:9 so the video looks distorted and stretched.
 
The Toshiba Gigabeat S.... it's not selling well either. Not even single digit marketshare. Toshiba has a knack for literally dropping products from their line and support for them. Just go read user experiences with Toshiba notebook PCs. THey've had several lines that were problematic that they simply dropped and refused to honor warranties for.
 
The iPod is your best bet. It has the lowest failure rate and you've already got an iTunes library setup. Plus, in all honesty, buying anything besides an iPod is a DOWNGRADE from your nano. You don't trade in the Porsche for the Ford Pinto, you know?


Sorry. I can't hear you over the fanboyism.


"Fanboyism"? Making up words now? Fine, if you want to ignore HONEST advice, then you're SOL and you can deal with any POS you end up buying. You can't prove anything I said wrong. You can't prove it to be "fanboyism", because EVERY single thing I said in this thread and your other thread is backed up by hardcore facts that you can find by simply going to the sources I mentioned.
 
Fanboy? Hardly. I spoke the truth. Before you go making up words, check the facts. But if you want to buy some POS and downgrade, then be my guest. I'll be the first on to post in your thread when you're having problems with whatever non-iPod you buy and laugh at you and say "I told you so".  


Okay, I just DONT want to hear you trying to make MY decision for me. I give you credit for the effort, but it's pointless if you favour one brand and say everything bad about all of the other brands. Please, just stop trying to convince everyone Apple is the best, they may be in your opinion, but Microsoft, Creative and other brands have to get some sales as well.
Message 36 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/05/2004
Offline
17376 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007


wrote:


Hofman101 wrote:


wrote:


brush fire wrote:
The MicroPhoto is a reliable and inexpensive player for what it costs, but the screen is an OLED screen and can't be seen outside. It's very dim. I don't mind iPods, but I've had bad experiences with them in the sense that they have been unreliable. I've never tried the Gigabeat, so I can't tell you anything about it. If you want a reliable, inexpensive player, go with the MicroPhoto. If you want the 30GB capacity and don't mind taking the risk, go with an iPod. Personally, I LOVE my Creative Zen Vision W, but that isn't on what you're looking at.

Message Edited by brush fire on 01-25-2007 07:01 PM


My iPod mini is almost 2 years old now and the battery life is still just as good as the day I bought it. Infact, if not the natural discoloration of the click wheel caused by two years of heavy use and oils from my fingers building up, you could easily mistake it (appearance and performance) for a brand new iPod mini. Apple released statistics showing that the iPod actually has the lowest failure rate of all major mass produced electronics.
OP: For the Zune, forget it. The sales of the Zune are falling by the day. The DRM is absolutely insane and you can't use the device as an external hard drive unless you hack it. As much as 60% of the music you get from the Zune Marketplace will be restricted from being "squirted", as Steve "I'm Going To Eat Your Children" Balmer put it, to other Zune players. The Zune is nothing but a DRM machine. Plus the screen is FUBAR'ed because it has a 4:3 pixel aspect ratio, but its stretched out to 16:9 so the video looks distorted and stretched.
The Toshiba Gigabeat S.... it's not selling well either. Not even single digit marketshare. Toshiba has a knack for literally dropping products from their line and support for them. Just go read user experiences with Toshiba notebook PCs. THey've had several lines that were problematic that they simply dropped and refused to honor warranties for.
The iPod is your best bet. It has the lowest failure rate and you've already got an iTunes library setup. Plus, in all honesty, buying anything besides an iPod is a DOWNGRADE from your nano. You don't trade in the Porsche for the Ford Pinto, you know?


Sorry. I can't hear you over the fanboyism.


"Fanboyism"? Making up words now? Fine, if you want to ignore HONEST advice, then you're SOL and you can deal with any POS you end up buying. You can't prove anything I said wrong. You can't prove it to be "fanboyism", because EVERY single thing I said in this thread and your other thread is backed up by hardcore facts that you can find by simply going to the sources I mentioned.
Fanboy? Hardly. I spoke the truth. Before you go making up words, check the facts. But if you want to buy some POS and downgrade, then be my guest. I'll be the first on to post in your thread when you're having problems with whatever non-iPod you buy and laugh at you and say "I told you so".



Yes, fanboyism. Calling everything but an iPod a "POS" would be fanboyism. There are mp3 players that are just as, if not more reliable then some iPods and have more features. Just because iPods sell the best, does not in any way make them the best. Most popular, yes. However, they aren't popular because they are the most reliable, nor to they have the most features. They are popular because they are thin, they look nice, and are user friendly.
Message 37 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/09/2006
Offline
8440 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007
Okay now no bashing anybody now. I don't want this to get locked, because Sauron started a flame war. ThanksSmiley Wink
Message 38 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/05/2004
Offline
17376 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007


Hofman101 wrote:
Okay now no bashing anybody now. I don't want this to get locked, because Sauron started a flame war. ThanksSmiley Wink



Sounds good. Are you leaning towards anything yet?
Message 39 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/25/2005
Offline
8728 posts
 

Re: What kind of MP3 Player?

Jan 26, 2007
Gigabeat or iPod fo sho
Signatures and Avatars
Message 40 of 100 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes