Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Re: What if the Atomic bomb was never created?

Oct 4, 2008

Sub-Standard wrote:

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote:

Because I am not taking Physics and being graded. This is the internet, I don't try to show to everyone my English knowledge. Therefore I am not going to go through my posts and correct every stupid mistake.  I never butchered the English language, he on the other hand made a pretty mistake that made the sentence make nearly no sense.

I am grading you.

I know this is the internet.  Again, you sound pretty intelligent. You take pride in authoring posts that people can read and understand.

IF YOU TALK LIEK THIS ALL THE TIME AND MISPEL EVRY WORD LOL NOBODDY WIL EVAH UNDERTSAND YOU AND NOBOODY WIL TAK YOU SERYOUS **bleep** LOL WHUT GAME SHULD I GET R2 OR LBP LOL

Take pride in your brain.  Show us your English knowledge.  Get in that habit.  It will help you more than you'll ever know.   The fact that you bother to type intelligibly at all tells me that you know what I mean.  Keep it up.

Well, please leave then. This is the internet, and thank god I don't type like you with all caps and all that slang. I used "your" instead of "you're" get over it. It's a simple **bleep**ign msitake, they are pronouced the same **bleep**ing way. Jeez.
Deutsch und stolz!
btw if u wanna send me a pm and we can just talk, im so bored
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 4, 2008
We'd probably lose the war or more likely last longer meaning more soldiers would have died.
-----------------------------------------------------------------Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Oct 4, 2008

S-A-L-V-Y wrote:
We'd probably lose the war or more likely last longer meaning more soldiers would have died.
lose the war? not in a million years, it was like the world versus Japan. Japan is strong, but not that strong.
Deutsch und stolz!
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

Oct 4, 2008

well, if u r talking about WWII, they(axis) will lose , with, or without an atom bomb stuck on their head.

if u r talking about the cold war,  say, without the nukes ensuring both sides think twice before they actually do anything really stupid, there proably will be a full scale WWIII in the 60~70s.

Message Edited by amblin on 10-03-2008 11:02 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Oct 4, 2008

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote:
Well, please leave then. This is the internet, and thank god I don't type like you with all caps and all that slang. I used "your" instead of "you're" get over it. It's a simple **bleep**ign msitake, they are pronouced the same **bleep**ing way. Jeez.

If you didn't pick up on it, that "all caps" part was my attempt at mockery of lots of other posts I've read on these forums. Really any forums are plagued by that kind of post.

To spell it out clearly, and to typographically shout, I AM ON YOUR SIDE. I forgive you for the mishap that I called you out on earlier. Your subsequent four posts prove that you know better. It just happened. It happens to me all the time, and I do what I can to catch my mistakes, but like you, every now and again, one gets by. Yours just happened to get by in such a funny and ironic instance that I couldn't help but reply.

I will not leave the internet. I am here to provide my opinions to complete strangers, just the same as you are. I don't always agree with everyone and not everyone has to agree with me. As you said, "This is the internet", and I'm free to say just about whatever I wish, as are you. I am the internet.

But that being the case, I'm also free to call you out on what was now resolved to be a grammatical fluke, and you're free to respond to my calling-out of you.

Were we speaking instead of typing, naturally I wouldn't have noticed that you used the incorrect form of "your/you're". They are homophones.

I am not an English professor. I do not pretend to know every little nuance there is to the English language, the most complicated language in the world. I'm simply one of, perhaps, a dying generation that is stuck on some older rules. As time goes on, the three forms of "there/their/they're", "your/you're", and "its/it's" will disappear, to be replaced by a single, all-meaning version. I know there's nothing I can do about this, but I'll fight to the end. Did you know that young people aren't even being taught that two spaces are to follow each period? Pretty much all word processors default to one now and that's what kids are being taught.

And I'm not even that old!

Message Edited by Sub-Standard on 10-03-2008 11:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6814 posts

Oct 4, 2008

amblin wrote:

well, if u r talking about WWII, they(axis) will lose , with, or without an atom bomb stuck on their head.

if u r talking about the cold war,  say, without the nukes ensuring both sides think twice before they actually do anything really stupid, there proably will be a full scale WWIII in the 60~70s.

Message Edited by amblin on 10-03-2008 11:02 PM

oh the sad irony that would have been lol

i'm pretty sure Facebook and Twitter are the pretense to Skynet
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Oct 4, 2008

Sub-Standard wrote:

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote:

If you didn't pick up on it, that "all caps" part was my attempt at mockery of lots of other posts I've read on these forums. Really any forums are plagued by that kind of post.

To spell it out clearly, and to typographically shout, I AM ON YOUR SIDE. I forgive you for the mishap that I called you out on earlier. Your subsequent four posts prove that you know better. It just happened. It happens to me all the time, and I do what I can to catch my mistakes, but like you, every now and again, one gets by. Yours just happened to get by in such a funny and ironic instance that I couldn't help but reply.

I will not leave the internet. I am here to provide my opinions to complete strangers, just the same as you are. I don't always agree with everyone and not everyone has to agree with me. As you said, "This is the internet", and I'm free to say just about whatever I wish, as are you. I am the internet.

But that being the case, I'm also free to call you out on what was now resolved to be a grammatical fluke, and you're free to respond to my calling-out of you.

Were we speaking instead of typing, naturally I wouldn't have noticed that you used the incorrect form of "your/you're". They are homophones.

I am not an English professor. I do not pretend to know every little nuance there is to the English language, the most complicated language in the world. I'm simply one of, perhaps, a dying generation that is stuck on some older rules. As time goes on, the three forms of "there/their/they're", "your/you're", and "its/it's" will disappear, to be replaced by a single, all-meaning version. I know there's nothing I can do about this, but I'll fight to the end. Did you know that young people aren't even being taught that two spaces are to follow each period? Pretty much all word processors default to one now and that's what kids are being taught.

And I'm not even that old!

Message Edited by Sub-Standard on 10-03-2008 11:07 PM

Most complicated language? Pft, as if. English is far from the hardest language in the world, more like one of the easiest.
Deutsch und stolz!
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2990 posts

Oct 4, 2008
I dont know if you have seen lost but in one of the episodes they said you cannot stop something from happening for example if you knew the day of your death and how it was going to be a car crash that same day you avoided going outside you would still die that same day. So what im trying to say the atomic bomb would be created
Message Edited by kaveh77 on 10-04-2008 10:12 AM
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Kaveh77
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1255 posts

Oct 4, 2008

kaveh77 wrote:
I dont know if you have seen lost but in one of the episodes they said you cannot stop something from happening for example if you knew the day of your death and how it was going to be a car crash that same day you avoided going outside you would still die that same day. So what im trying to say the atomic bomb would be created

lost is right, those people don't even know what they're talking about. ZING!
I'm just here cus' I heard there would be cake
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2127 posts

Oct 4, 2008

PS-ROCK* wrote:

kaveh77 wrote:

lost is right, those people don't even know what they're talking about. ZING!

what the hell? you created the thread

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 67 (12 Views)
0 Likes