Wastelander
907 posts

Re: What if the Atomic bomb was never created?

Oct 2, 2008

theradiostarr wrote:

i'd be less sexy 

:smileyvery-happy::smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Re: Re: What if the Atomic bomb was never created?

Oct 3, 2008
The world would be much more violent. Without nuclear weapons, countries wouldn't be scared ****less of each other. They wouldn't be as hesitant to invade other countries. If there was a room full of people, some get along and some don't, and you give some of them a gun, they would be much more cautious about getting into fights. There would also be alot more tension. Of course if a fight does start, the results would be disasterous.

This sentence is false.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Oct 4, 2008

D-Tain wrote:
then there would be a couple more million Japanese?

On the contray, a lot more people Japanese and america would have died. Japanese believed in Bushido which creedo is death before surrender. the Kamakaize pilots weren't like muslum suicide bombers they weren't reglious radicals, they were college schooled intelletuals. They went and became kamaikazes because the Japanese blieved that surrendering to america would mean that there families would live like slaves. The japanese had kamikaze gear for women and children it would have been urban war fare in a scale that would have been unimaginable if the manahtten project haden't succeded.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
822 posts

Oct 4, 2008
Lets see humm well we might not have the playstation or the Nintendo because so many people would have died and you never know if you killed the grandmother of the guy who brought up the idea of the systems. Then you never know what have happened if we did a land invasion we might have lost but that is very unlikely with all the people we had backing us but a lot of lives would have been lost on both sides.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3400 posts

Oct 4, 2008

Clarify the question, are you asking if the Atom bomb/NUKE in general was never created? or the United States Manhattan Project?

If the Manhattan Project never left the ground and the US woudlnt have gotten the Atom bomb, then the alternative is much scarier.

Its documented FACT that Germany AND Japan where also developing their own Atom Bombs, the scariest part.  The USA finished their bomb, just a few months before the Japanese would have.

The August Firebombing of Tokyo torched the Atom bomb project.  But the threat wasnt over, the Japanese Imperial Navy was ALSO developing the Bomb

the Japanese Navy where ahaid of the American Project, but Lacked the uranium needed, Hitler had the uranium and, after the destruction of the Norsk Hydro plant (ending Hitlers Nuclear ambitions), Hitler shipped the last of his uranium, Via Uboat, to Japan, but the war would be over before it got there.

We got lucky.  Japan almost had the Bomb.

I learned this from sitting on my butt watching the history channel.

Message Edited by Mikeyy on 10-04-2008 12:22 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Oct 4, 2008

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote:

key_lime_176 wrote:
you'd be sprechen en duetsch

Ok, that was a pathetic post because you basically just slaughtered the German language, and the Germans had already surrendered before America  dropped the Atomic bomb on Japan. Your brillant.
Message Edited by TWISTER_EXTREME on 09-30-2008 09:27 PM

That's hilarious because you basically just slaughtered the English language.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Oct 4, 2008

Sub-Standard wrote:

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote:

key_lime_176 wrote:
you'd be sprechen en duetsch

Ok, that was a pathetic post because you basically just slaughtered the German language, and the Germans had already surrendered before America  dropped the Atomic bomb on Japan. Your brillant.
Message Edited by TWISTER_EXTREME on 09-30-2008 09:27 PM

That's hilarious because you basically just slaughtered the English language.

Um, not really. It's understandable and it's a VERY common mistake in the English language. I used the wrong form, so what? Don't native English speakers do a lot of that? Isn't it very common? Yeah, please don't make retarded comments like that, it just doesn't make sense.
Deutsch und stolz!
btw if u wanna send me a pm and we can just talk, im so bored
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Oct 4, 2008

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote: 
Um, not really. It's understandable and it's a VERY common mistake in the English language. I used the wrong form, so what? Don't native English speakers do a lot of that? Isn't it very common? Yeah, please don't make retarded comments like that, it just doesn't make sense.

Just because it's common doesn't make it okay.

To me, proper grammar is a sign of intelligence.

Yes, the rest of your post is correct and just fine, and I can see how the improper context of "your/you're" may be missed, as spellcheckers won't catch it, but I just thought it was rather funny how you scolded someone for butchering their Deutsche as you simultaneously "butchered" English.  Such a simple mistake of such a simple form can say many things about a person.  At least one of them (I hope) is bound to be incorrect.

I didn't mean anything personal, so I'm sorry if it came out that way.  I just got a hearty laugh from it.  It certainly sounds like you know the difference.  Mistakes are made all the time.  Science knows I do it constantly.

And why is it "retarded" to correct someone on poor grammar?  Science knows that there are enough people on here who obviously paid zero attention in grade school that I don't even bother to try and correct them.  You could be off a lot worse than one faux-pas. What if your physics professor didn't bother to mark you wrong on an exercise just becasue "everyone" makes the same mistake?

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Oct 4, 2008

Sub-Standard wrote:

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote: 

Just because it's common doesn't make it okay.

To me, proper grammar is a sign of intelligence.

Yes, the rest of your post is correct and just fine, and I can see how the improper context of "your/you're" may be missed, as spellcheckers won't catch it, but I just thought it was rather funny how you scolded someone for butchering their Deutsche as you simultaneously "butchered" English.  Such a simple mistake of such a simple form can say many things about a person.  At least one of them (I hope) is bound to be incorrect.

I didn't mean anything personal, so I'm sorry if it came out that way.  I just got a hearty laugh from it.  It certainly sounds like you know the difference.  Mistakes are made all the time.  Science knows I do it constantly.

And why is it "retarded" to correct someone on poor grammar?  Science knows that there are enough people on here who obviously paid zero attention in grade school that I don't even bother to try and correct them.  You could be off a lot worse than one faux-pas. What if your physics professor didn't bother to mark you wrong on an exercise just becasue "everyone" makes the same mistake?

Because I am not taking Physics and being graded. This is the internet, I don't try to show to everyone my English knowledge. Therefore I am not going to go through my posts and correct every stupid mistake.  I never butchered the English language, he on the other hand made a pretty mistake that made the sentence make nearly no sense.
Deutsch und stolz!
btw if u wanna send me a pm and we can just talk, im so bored
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Oct 4, 2008

TWISTER_EXTREME wrote:

Because I am not taking Physics and being graded. This is the internet, I don't try to show to everyone my English knowledge. Therefore I am not going to go through my posts and correct every stupid mistake.  I never butchered the English language, he on the other hand made a pretty mistake that made the sentence make nearly no sense.

I am grading you.

I know this is the internet.  Again, you sound pretty intelligent. You take pride in authoring posts that people can read and understand.

IF YOU TALK LIEK THIS ALL THE TIME AND MISPEL EVRY WORD LOL NOBODDY WIL EVAH UNDERTSAND YOU AND NOBOODY WIL TAK YOU SERYOUS **bleep** LOL WHUT GAME SHULD I GET R2 OR LBP LOL

Take pride in your brain.  Show us your English knowledge.  Get in that habit.  It will help you more than you'll ever know.   The fact that you bother to type intelligibly at all tells me that you know what I mean.  Keep it up.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 67 (7 Views)
0 Likes