Treasure Hunter
6056 posts

Re: What has happened? :(

Dec 10, 2006
I still love legos.  I even bust them out from time to time.
Message 11 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1999 posts

Dec 10, 2006

hkkevinc wrote:
What has happened to kids today? I know this 6 year old kid that is asking for an iPod for christmas! AN iPOD!!! What ever happend to good ol' toys? I never owned a video game system till I was 9. And I never really "used" a computer till I was nine. I know somebody is going to reply to this thread saying, oh its the parents, they can get what they want, but the parents also dont want to get their kids electronics like an iPod. I blame it on advertising. There are too many commercials advertising cell phones for kids and crap. Who else agrees with me that kids need to play with real toys? I used to love legos when I was a kid. I never needed electronics.

I agree. Getting an iPod for a 6 year old is like buying an iPod for a 90 year old, they both most likely have no idea how to use them, and they probably don't have\know how to use a computer.
Message 12 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3784 posts

Dec 10, 2006

hkkevinc wrote:

DarkSeeker wrote:
Totally agree.  But let's not limit this to Legos, how about just regular action figures?  Use your imagination kids, chances are you're not into music enough to really need an iPod, you don't have enough friends to need a cell phone, and you're not old enough to know how to really use any of them.

Yea. I never really liked action figures, but I loooooved collecting baseball cards.

Oh ok, I was all about action figures.  Either way, it's better than an iPod.

Go Pre
53, 1:58, 3:12, 4:32
Message 13 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4753 posts

Dec 10, 2006
A second grader I know want's a cell phone and a laptop...
Message 14 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Dec 10, 2006
I started using a computer when I was like 4....got my first NES when I was 5.

But besides video games, I LOVED playing with action figures, Legos, all that jazz. I had quite the imagination.
OTR
Message 15 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Dec 10, 2006
I'm not just talking about iPods, I'm talking about like a PSP or a TV. Gameboy's are ok, but consoles should be left off till like 8 or 9.
Signatures and Avatars
Message 16 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16836 posts

Dec 10, 2006

hkkevinc wrote:
I'm not just talking about iPods, I'm talking about like a PSP or a TV. Gameboy's are ok, but consoles should be left off till like 8 or 9.

i got my snes when i was three
from a friend of my mom's, one of those ppl you call aunt, even tho they arent Smiley Tongue
Message 17 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Dec 10, 2006
legos

theyre the bestest lol
GRAW
Message 18 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6897 posts

Dec 10, 2006

hkkevinc wrote:
What has happened to kids today? I know this 6 year old kid that is asking for an iPod for christmas! AN iPOD!!! What ever happend to good ol' toys? I never owned a video game system till I was 9. And I never really "used" a computer till I was nine. I know somebody is going to reply to this thread saying, oh its the parents, they can get what they want, but the parents also dont want to get their kids electronics like an iPod. I blame it on advertising. There are too many commercials advertising cell phones for kids and crap. Who else agrees with me that kids need to play with real toys? I used to love legos when I was a kid. I never needed electronics.

When I was young, I played with legos, even built a hellcat cruiser out of them, SO THERE!! Kids can play video games, but an iPod seems a bit much. My Nine year old cousin can play M rated games, and I can't Liek \/\/-|-|= ( I made a new leet T, it looks like this -|-) I was perfectly content at his age with the stuff I could have.

Message Edited by bonnie on 12-10-2006 03:24 PM
Message 19 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5235 posts

Dec 10, 2006
I think you just need to realize that plastic toys and action figures are slowely becomming outdated, and being replaced with battery operated ones instread. But why would a 6 year old need an iPod?
Xbox LIVE Gamterag: The Lone Wolf17
PSN: TheLoneWolf17
Message 20 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes