Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4534 posts

Re: What happened to this place?

Jun 20, 2012

JOKERSHENCHMAN wrote:

After the whole "PSN IS DOWN!" debacle and everybody couldn't log on to anything that required their PSN I.D., everybody just seemed to leave and not care anymore about the forums anymore. They seem to be slowly reviving, but it'll take awhile.

I'm beginning to come around to the forums again and I hope more people do too.

Photobucket

I don't remember exactly when they switched the forums (can anyone tell me?), but I think it was shortly (~3 months) before the PSN hack.  Both events together would easily get many people disinterested.  A month is a long time to not be able to log in; people probably gave up when that happened. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2049 posts

Jun 21, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

JOKERSHENCHMAN wrote:

After the whole "PSN IS DOWN!" debacle and everybody couldn't log on to anything that required their PSN I.D., everybody just seemed to leave and not care anymore about the forums anymore. They seem to be slowly reviving, but it'll take awhile.

I'm beginning to come around to the forums again and I hope more people do too.

Photobucket

I don't remember exactly when they switched the forums (can anyone tell me?), but I think it was shortly (~3 months) before the PSN hack.  Both events together would easily get many people disinterested.  A month is a long time to not be able to log in; people probably gave up when that happened. 

That, and people just didn't trust Sony with their personal information anymore, and rightfully so.

I know I didn't.

photo 77fc1ce2-cb52-4a96-a32f-4b687a5d219a_zps58b38293.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Thats a good point; I didnt think of that. For me it was when they switched over from lithium, before the PSN crash.

This site is slower, and just felt 'different' ; and still does. I hate to say it but people were more friendly back then too.

Actually, come to think about it, it was actually before the forums switched... When my wife posted on the "N1's" thread asking what "lions and tigers and bears" really meant. She actually got banned for simply posting that question, so I suppose thats when I started to frown on these forums.

Im sure a select few of you can remember that? LOL, I love this thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jun 22, 2012

The jump from Lithium to Jive caused a mass exodus of members.  It just wasn't handled well at all (I couldn't post for 2 months I think because for some odd reason, my macros from the transfer blocked me from doing so).  Also, before, you could post a thread and have a discussion going in 5 minutes or less but now, some threads go unanswered going on a day before getting it's first reply.

So mainly the entire switchup of the forum killed the traffic/userbase here.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes