Jan 18 2011
By: PhillyMike101 Treasure Hunter 5073 posts

What happened to these forums?

38 replies 109 views Edited Jan 18, 2011

I used to visit these forums a lot around 2005-2006 and the forum in use was, and still is, the best layout I have ever seen. Everything was streamlined, clean, and easy to look at.

I logged in now, only to see a forum I would expect on some geocities site. This current design is such a massive downgrade over the one of years past that I literally threw up in my mouth a little.

Message 1 of 39 (109 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: What happened to these forums?

Jan 18, 2011

maybe they saw myspace jumping of a bridge and when facebook followed so did the forum.. I guess It looked like fun..

Lord Kufu stuff by Lord Kufu
... My New Tune which is your Girlfriends Favourite-

say You heard it here first
Message 2 of 39 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Oh various things. Some highlights are:

-SCEA thought it would be a good idea to switch from Lithium to Jive

-Traffic has fallen about 70% due to this switch

-Veterans are leaving left and right

-Lots of innocent words like "locked", "garbage", and "baby" got censored. Some swear words that were censored on the old boards, are strangely no longer censored.

-The old moderating team got replaced with SCEA employees. The volunteer mods achieved MVP status.

-The forums are difficult to navigate

-The black skin is gone. However an MVP did make a black skin himself for FireFox and Google Chrome users.

-The signature limit is now 500X300 (Way too big) instead of 520X156.

-All locked threads got unlocked, and as such lots of old threads are getting bumped.

-Oh, and the icing on the cake. SCEA ignored the negative feedback the MVP's voiced when testing the forums. Many called what they were testing a mess. All the negative feedback they voiced, is what almost everyone unhappy with the new forums is voicing currently.

-You now only have 15 minutes to edit your post, or until someone replies. Whichever comes first. This makes information threads obsolete and useless.

Message 3 of 39 (109 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jan 18, 2011

It went to Hell thats what. I rarely even come on here anymore.

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Message 4 of 39 (109 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Its dirt, but like life another adjustment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 5 of 39 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Yeah, most areas on this site are dead, information threads are useless, the forums in general are a mess, and well....... I miss rank colors.

Message 6 of 39 (109 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Jan 18, 2011

It was a failure to top all previous failures.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 39 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I miss the old forum. It was accessible, the mods are cool people (even though some may argue that) and there's enough traffic and posters to go around and interact with.

I used to stay up really late browsing the forum. That black skin really helps in the night, keeps my eyeballs from melting.

Message 8 of 39 (109 Views)
Wastelander
821 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I have to agree, these forums are awful now.  The old layout had a few issues but it was brilliant compared to this mess.  Whoever thought this navigation structure was a good idea is an imbecile and should be fired on the spot.  This forum design is an ill conceived abject disaster.

"I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am." - Ron Burgundy
Message 9 of 39 (109 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Does anyone know how to get a list of all the forums here? My page shows Featured Content with 1 post, and then under that is Recent Content and has a mix of posts from all the forums. Like CoD series, Gran Turismo, support, Action/adventure, General discussion, etc etc. Where can i find the list of all the forums to post in??

Message 10 of 39 (109 Views)
0 Likes