Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
766 posts

Re: What got you into gaming?

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Sudden Attack Korea about 7 years ago. i got this korean guy to make me an account and download it for me through teamview or something along the lines of teamview. best game ive ever played and to this day i still play it. the game has the highest skill curve of any game ive ever played.

i played games like MAG and Cod and MAG got completely boring. the game was sooooo easy a caveman can have a 5.00 kdr. black ops was fun for awhile but was also amazingly easy to play once again a caveman could hold a good 5.00 kdr. and black ops 2 looks like crap so im not getting it. Sudden Attack is the game ill play till i die. its the perfect game, no over powered guns at all, shotguns are unusable and i luv that because nothings worse than a shotgun noob, the maps are absolutely perfect, the game teaches you sense play, sound play, shadow play, and recoil control up the **bleep**. its the only game where they basically say F you to noobs. and best of all no hackers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 104 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

zeker wrote:

When my son was 8 he wanted the original PlayStation for xmas.  Of course he needed help in some of the levels on Crash and Spyro, and I found that I just couldn't put the controller down.  :smileytongue:

As the years went by, we ended up getting our own separate PS1s, PS2s, and PS3s, and had our own separate game collections as well.  So now it's 12 years later and there's still no end in sight.  :smileyhappy:

interesting point there as a parent. :smileytongue:

so, just my curiousity, is your son (20 yrs old now based on the assumption) ended up buying Spyro/Crash again or you keep those games for your self ?! is he into PlayStation consoles only or other rivalry consoles ?!

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 104 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18907 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

eloratings wrote:

zeker wrote:

When my son was 8 he wanted the original PlayStation for xmas.  Of course he needed help in some of the levels on Crash and Spyro, and I found that I just couldn't put the controller down.  :smileytongue:

As the years went by, we ended up getting our own separate PS1s, PS2s, and PS3s, and had our own separate game collections as well.  So now it's 12 years later and there's still no end in sight.  :smileyhappy:

interesting point there as a parent. :smileytongue:

so, just my curiousity, is your son (20 yrs old now based on the assunption) ended up buying Spyro again or you keep that game for yourself ?!  is he into PlayStation consoles only or other rivalry consoles ?! 

He's now 21 and has given me his PS1 along with all it's games.  We only have one copy of any of the games.  He no longer plays the PS2 but still holds on to his PS2 collection, even though he now only plays the PS3 exclusively.

Were both into the PlayStation brand only.  Never seemed to have enough time to get into any other consoles, even though it seems like most people are into multiple consoles these days.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 104 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Sounds like I'm in the same boat as a few other people, I have been gaming so long that I don't remember how it got started. I remember having ghosts 'n goblins at my house and playing it a lot, but I don't remember what got me to my current extreme gamer condition.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 104 (112 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11436 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

I’m the video gamer that I am today because of all of the video games that I have played over the years but it all started in the 4th video game generation with a SEGA Genesis. Those were the days… My favorite video games from way back then were easily Mutant League Hockey, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Mega Bomberman, Road Rash 3: Tour de Force, Primal Rage, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.  

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 104 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2392 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I started off with an Atari 2600.  Pong is the game that got me into games.  Now I'm a level 16 on the PSN with 12 platinum trophies going on 13. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 104 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Nov 13, 2012

GTA 2 got me into playing Playstation when my brother would let me play. 

Warcraft 1 got me into playing computer games, again when my brother would let me play or watch.  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

zeker wrote:

He's now 21 and has given me his PS1 along with all it's games.  We only have one copy of any of the games.  He no longer

plays the PS2 but still holds on to his PS2 collection, even though he now only plays the PS3 exclusively.

Were both into the PlayStation brand only.  Never seemed to have enough time to get into any other consoles, even though it

seems like most people are into multiple consoles these days

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow this story sounds a lot like my Dad and I.  My first games were Spyro and Crash and he mostly traded off levels, taking turns.  I still have my ps1 and ps2 back at my parents house and I exclusively play ps3.  I am also 21 years old.

But I don't think my Dad plays any more games of my knowledge . I think the last game that we played together was Twisted Metal 4 or Stronghold 1.  

Teufelhunden!
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 104 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41524 posts

Nov 13, 2012

We originally got a game console for our daughter, but after the PS1 soon died, we got a PS2 with GT3 in a bundle.

From then on, I was hooked. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 104 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11096 posts

Nov 14, 2012

A Dynavision that my grandmother gave me.

"Friends" having a PS1 then a PS2...

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 104 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I can't remember what game I played first, but I believe it was classic arcade games that later got me to pressure my mom to get me a PSone. And I've been with PlayStation ever since.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 104 (71 Views)
0 Likes