Keyblade Wielder
10336 posts

Re: What does it mean when a cell phone is UNLOCKED?

Dec 26, 2006

NavS. wrote:

Rogers Bell Problems wrote:

NavS. wrote:
So you can buy a phone from india for like 1/5th the price of that you would buy it here, unlock it then use any service provider from here that uses sim cards.

Werd.... Thats what I plan on doing.. My friend got the LG Chocolate for $100 bucks Smiley Tongue

Should start up some biz here.... but they'll probably charge me import taxes and **bleep**.... or ebay them **bleep**es .

LOL not unless you hide them.... I buy cheap cellphones in the US and unlock and use them in Canada... Smiley Tongue You have to hide them with another shipment of something else
Message 21 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 26, 2006

NavS. wrote:

NavS. wrote:
So you can buy a phone from india for like 1/5th the price of that you would buy it here, unlock it then use any service provider from here that uses sim cards.

Werd.... Thats what I plan on doing.. My friend got the LG Chocolate for $100 bucks Smiley Tongue

Should start up some biz here.... but they'll probably charge me import taxes and **bleep**.... or ebay them **bleep**es .

LOL not unless you hide them.... I buy cheap cellphones in the US and unlock and use them in Canada... Smiley Tongue You have to hide them with another shipment of something else

Well you could do that if it were just for you, I wanna sell like hundreds of them, and piss off other cell phone providers .
Message 22 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9247 posts

Dec 26, 2006

CNNboy wrote:

Just trying to help n00b.

Don't let 'em get to you. Someday they'll stick their finger in a bug zapper. Then who'll be laughing
Message 23 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Dec 26, 2006

ChrisTek wrote:

CNNboy wrote:

Don't let 'em get to you. Someday they'll stick their finger in a bug zapper. Then who'll be laughing

You are right ChrisTek!

Message 24 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 26, 2006

Snowmàn wrote:

NavS. wrote:

Snowmàn wrote:
so if i buy a unlocked sidkick 3 cna i stick in my sim card and it'll work?

Yep stick in any sim card and it'll work!

woa thats sick,i was kinda waiting for cingular to release something similer to a sidekick,but now i dontSmiley Happy

But it wont be able to do internet browsing email and a bunch of other stuff
Message 25 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 26, 2006

CNNboy wrote:

ChrisTek wrote:

CNNboy wrote:

You are right ChrisTek!

No hes not right cuz wat idiot would do that  and CNN im not a noob matter of fact u no me really well lol just think about it
Message 26 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 26, 2006

CNNboy wrote:

ChrisTek wrote:

CNNboy wrote:

You are right ChrisTek!

No hes not right cuz wat idiot would do that  and CNN im not a noob matter of fact u no me really well lol just think about it
Message 27 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2311 posts

Dec 26, 2006
it could be the keypad, or its when you can use a phone ment for a company but not on the other one so you unlock it
Message 28 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes