Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Re: What do you think of today's kids?

May 30, 2013

@Hitman:

Well yeah, coming back on the idea of publicity; A kid sees and iPhone commercial > He bugs his parents to get it for him > the parents get it just to shut him up > he overuses it > the parents, who didnt take their purchase into consideration, get mad at the kid.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 21 of 48 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Kids have not really changed, only technology and ways of socializing (or being anti-social) has.

If anything, younger generations are more dependent on the internet, than the older generations are.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm only 30 now, but was 13 when we got the internet in my house in 1995.

And back then, you needed to be on your computer in order to surf the world wide web.

Now, people have it on their phones (I don't, most do) or other portable devices.

I look at some and see myself, while others I look at and think "I was never like that."

Same as my elders looked at me while I was growing up, I'm sure, and the same way today's kids/teens will look at future generations in 10-20 years. Rude, **bleep** kids/teens existed when I was a kid/teen, just like rude, **bleep** kids exist today.

Only difference: They are on the internet now.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 22 of 48 (131 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 30, 2013

How does an 8yr old have Call of Duty, MW3 or Battlefield?  If I asked my dad for that, he'll tell me to get A job.   I think, parents are clueless about the ratings.   

Message 23 of 48 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

May 30, 2013

lpkid5382 wrote:

How does an 8yr old have Call of Duty, MW3 or Battlefield?  If I asked my dad for that, he'll tell me to get A job.   I think, parents are clueless about the ratings.   

theyre either clueless or just dont care

im 17 and i dont like the way i see some (or most) of my peers acting

calling their parents names I would never even utter in front of mine whenever things dont go their way

i just roll with the punches

Message 24 of 48 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1626 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Screw you mom!  im playing call of duuuty Man Mad

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 25 of 48 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
38941 posts

May 30, 2013

these days, kids are running around the house with guns their parents bought them, killing their moms for taking away cod games, etc.

its not only the parents who are at fault here. its also the pharm companies for putting kids on meds that play with their brain, and make it unnatural

Message 26 of 48 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1626 posts

May 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

these days, kids are running around the house with guns their parents bought them, killing their moms for taking away cod games, etc.

its not only the parents who are at fault here. its also the pharm companies for putting kids on meds that play with their brain, and make it unnatural

Man Indifferent

facepalm.png

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 27 of 48 (102 Views)
Shinra Executive
38941 posts

May 30, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Man Indifferent

its true man deny it all you want but those anti depressants and psychotic meds is killing whoever is taking them.

docotors admit that they dont even know how SSRIs work but still precribe them

Message 28 of 48 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

May 30, 2013

lpkid5382 wrote:

Meh, I have a friend who would make enough money to buy newly released games even at age 10.

That's not really the problem, parents shouldn't not buy anything for their kids. They just need to know where to draw the line.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 29 of 48 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1626 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

its true man deny it all you want but those anti depressants and psychotic meds is killing whoever is taking them.

docotors admit that they dont even know how SSRIs work but still precribe them

yea ok. Parents buying their children a gun/ammunition that takes meds., which ends with them being killed over call of duty...meds that doctors say are extremely bad for you/kill you if you take it, but they still prescribe them...Man LOL

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 30 of 48 (84 Views)
0 Likes