Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Re: What do you guys think of the bermuda triangle?

Apr 9, 2007
It's where all the good things in life lie. They don't want anyone to come there so they scare people away from it.

think different
Message 11 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2394 posts

Apr 9, 2007
I am more interested in the bermuda square....(and that doesn't exist)
What is the point of having all three systems when I am going to be stuck playing one of them the whole time? I am getting a PS3 the day that Uncharted: Drakes Fortune comes out, the Xbox 360 just has too many flaws for so much money, and the Wii, I will NEVER get it. Oh, and if this has compared the systems, which I don't think it has, please remove it.

If I ever leave a smiley face as a post message, it is a link.
Message 12 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8963 posts

Apr 9, 2007
your first guess was right Smiley Tongue

Codeblue1296 wrote:
I believe jesus lives there.  I actually believe there is a large quantity of rare earth magnets there that disrupt all forms of communication and compasses.

Message Edited by Solid_Raiden on 04-09-2007 04:18 PM
venom
Message 13 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Apr 9, 2007
i like haunted houses better.
Proud Canadian
PSN: btkadams

Message 14 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3877 posts

Apr 10, 2007
It's an interesting topic, very controversial.  But not the scariest place on Earth.
Proud PS3 Owner Since: Dec. 21,2006
Own every current gen system

Experienced the RROD on: Jan. 19, 2009 one year after purchase
LONG LIVE THE PS3!
Message 15 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8728 posts

Apr 10, 2007
I did a report on it 2 years ago. It was really long, and a lot of it seems very true. There is a huge list of planes that have gone missing that have taken flight paths through there. Not only planes, but boats too.
Signatures and Avatars
Message 16 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3440 posts

Apr 10, 2007
that's where Skull Island is.
Then again, well, actually nevermind.
Message 17 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9933 posts

Apr 10, 2007
Hmm...it exists. As for the legends, they're just a myth...
"Memories are forgotten, but never lost."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 18 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24213 posts

Apr 10, 2007
Source: Microsoft Encarta Deluxe Edition 2007

Bermuda Triangle, region of the western Atlantic Ocean that has become associated in the popular imagination with mysterious maritime disasters. Also known as the Devil's Triangle, the triangle-shaped area covers about 1,140,000 sq km (about 440,000 sq mi) between the island of Bermuda, the coast of southern Florida, and Puerto Rico.

The sinister reputation of the Bermuda Triangle may be traceable to reports made in the late 15th century by navigator Christopher Columbus concerning the Sargasso Sea, in which floating masses of gulfweed were regarded as uncanny and perilous by early sailors; others date the notoriety of the area to the mid-19th century, when a number of reports were made of unexplained disappearances and mysteriously abandoned ships. The earliest recorded disappearance of a United States vessel in the area occurred in March 1918, when the USS Cyclops vanished.

The incident that consolidated the reputation of the Bermuda Triangle was the disappearance in December 1945 of Flight 19, a training squadron of five U.S. Navy torpedo bombers. The squadron left Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with 14 crewmen and disappeared after radioing a series of distress messages; a seaplane sent in search of the squadron also disappeared. Aircraft that have disappeared in the area since this incident include a DC-3 carrying 27 passengers in 1948 and a C-124 Globemaster with 53 passengers in 1951. Among the ships that have disappeared was the tanker ship Marine Sulphur Queen, which vanished with 39 men aboard in 1963.

Books, articles, and television broadcasts investigating the Bermuda Triangle emphasize that, in the case of most of the disappearances, the weather was favorable, the disappearances occurred in daylight after a sudden break in radio contact, and the vessels vanished without a trace. However, skeptics point out that many supposed mysteries result from careless or biased consideration of data. For example, some losses attributed to the Bermuda Triangle actually occurred outside the area of the triangle in inclement weather conditions or in darkness, and some can be traced to known mechanical problems or inadequate equipment. In the case of Flight 19, for example, the squadron commander was relatively inexperienced, a compass was faulty, the squadron failed to follow instructions, and the aircraft were operating under conditions of deteriorating weather and visibility and with a low fuel supply. Other proposed explanations for disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle include the action of physical forces unknown to science, a “hole in the sky,” an unusual chemical component in the region's seawater, and abduction by extraterrestrial beings.

Scientific evaluations of the Bermuda Triangle have concluded that the number of disappearances in the region is not abnormal and that most of the disappearances have logical explanations. Paranormal associations with the Bermuda Triangle persist in the public mind, however.

Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Photobucket
Message 19 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2449 posts

Apr 10, 2007
ummmmm, ya, FAKE!!!!!!!!!!
Message 20 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes