Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 19 2006
By: Xoolio~ Ghost of Sparta 15009 posts

What books have you read lately?

14 replies 5 views Edited Dec 19, 2006
I read this incredible book, "The Sicilian" by Mario Puzo. Puzo also wrote such hits as The Godfather and Omerta.

The Sicilian is about a young man named Turi Guiliano and his friend Aspanu Pisciotta. On his sisters weeding day Turi, along with Aspanu, travel across the mountain to buy a cheese wheel. The cheese wheel is actually illegal though (This is post WW2 so there are still food limits) and on the way back the 2 are stopped by police. The local police put them under arrest, Turi's sisters wedding day will be runied. Turi is actually shot by the police, Aspanu runs into the woods to hide. Turi kills the Police Captain and the 2 other officers flee. They are now marked men, so they become bandits. In the novel they are the most famous bandits in Sicily.

Then Michael Corleone comes to Sicily, tries to help them, bla bla bla.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Re: What books have you read lately?

Dec 19, 2006

Xoolio wrote:
I read this incredible book, "The Sicilian" by Mario Puzo. Puzo also wrote such hits as The Godfather and Omerta.

The Sicilian is about a young man named Turi Guiliano and his friend Aspanu Pisciotta. On his sisters weeding day Turi, along with Aspanu, travel across the mountain to buy a cheese wheel. The cheese wheel is actually illegal though (This is post WW2 so there are still food limits) and on the way back the 2 are stopped by police. The local police put them under arrest, Turi's sisters wedding day will be runied. Turi is actually shot by the police, Aspanu runs into the woods to hide. Turi kills the Police Captain and the 2 other officers flee. They are now marked men, so they become bandits. In the novel they are the most famous bandits in Sicily.

Sounds awesome:smileyhappy:

I just read a book called "a seperate peace", very good, interesting. Now i'm reading a greek play, "Antigone". It's not pronouced like some bug killing chemicale, it's pronouced "Anne Tig gonnie"
APPLE SPY
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Dec 19, 2006
Crap, when I got up to find the book's name, I lost my guitar pick...*strums violently with fingers* lol.
APPLE SPY
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3360 posts

Dec 19, 2006
I read The Good Earth recently. It looks like it was written by an eight year old using spell check...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

Dec 19, 2006

Aowen wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Sounds dumb to me :smileytongue:

I read the Lost Years of Merlin again. I love that book, and I can't wait for the movie.

Chuf it out.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Dec 19, 2006

RedDragoon wrote:

Aowen wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

I read the Lost Years of Merlin again. I love that book, and I can't wait for the movie.

Dumb?! DUMB?!?!??!?!???!!?!?!?!?

:smileymad:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12221 posts

Dec 19, 2006
I hate reading unless it hints a lot at my interest. And I mean, A LOT. Like the time My Dad's friends nephew won the Lottery .

That's the way - uh-huh, uh-huh
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

Dec 19, 2006

Xoolio wrote:

RedDragoon wrote:

Aowen wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Dumb?! DUMB?!?!??!?!???!!?!?!?!?

:smileymad:

It does sound dumb :smileytongue:

When I read a book, I want to read about something that could never happen in real life. I just can't get into books where the story could of really took place.
Chuf it out.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 19, 2006
The last book I read just for kicks was like in April.  With all the "Da Vinci Code" hype running around I decided to read the book.  I liked it.  I saw the movie and I liked that too.  But the last book that I read was the text book for EMT training that I went through.  Yeah that wasn't exactly a fun read, interesting, but not a leisure book.
120 GB PS3 Slim
PS2 Fatty
Yamaha HTR6030
Insignia 37" LCD
Never buy cables from Big Box stores
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9178 posts

Dec 19, 2006