15009 posts

Re: What books have you read lately?

Dec 19, 2006

RedDragoon wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

RedDragoon wrote:

Aowen wrote:

Xoolio wrote:
I read this incredible book, "The Sicilian" by Mario Puzo. Puzo also wrote such hits as The Godfather and Omerta.

The Sicilian is about a young man named Turi Guiliano and his friend Aspanu Pisciotta. On his sisters weeding day Turi, along with Aspanu, travel across the mountain to buy a cheese wheel. The cheese wheel is actually illegal though (This is post WW2 so there are still food limits) and on the way back the 2 are stopped by police. The local police put them under arrest, Turi's sisters wedding day will be runied. Turi is actually shot by the police, Aspanu runs into the woods to hide. Turi kills the Police Captain and the 2 other officers flee. They are now marked men, so they become bandits. In the novel they are the most famous bandits in Sicily.

Then Michael Corleone comes to Sicily, tries to help them, bla bla bla.....

What books have you read lately?

Sounds dumb to me Smiley Tongue

I read the Lost Years of Merlin again. I love that book, and I can't wait for the movie.

Dumb?! DUMB?!?!??!?!???!!?!?!?!?

Smiley Mad

It does sound dumb Smiley Tongue

When I read a book, I want to read about something that could never happen in real life. I just can't get into books where the story could of really took place.

This story couldn't take place the way it's described. He almost gets killed every 70 pages, but always survives. He's immortal until the end. The thing is, the story is written very well. It's a great way of story telling.

Even better, The Godfather. Have you seen the movie?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 11 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10140 posts

Dec 19, 2006

Xoolio wrote:

RedDragoon wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

RedDragoon wrote:

Aowen wrote:

Xoolio wrote:
I read this incredible book, "The Sicilian" by Mario Puzo. Puzo also wrote such hits as The Godfather and Omerta.

The Sicilian is about a young man named Turi Guiliano and his friend Aspanu Pisciotta. On his sisters weeding day Turi, along with Aspanu, travel across the mountain to buy a cheese wheel. The cheese wheel is actually illegal though (This is post WW2 so there are still food limits) and on the way back the 2 are stopped by police. The local police put them under arrest, Turi's sisters wedding day will be runied. Turi is actually shot by the police, Aspanu runs into the woods to hide. Turi kills the Police Captain and the 2 other officers flee. They are now marked men, so they become bandits. In the novel they are the most famous bandits in Sicily.

I read the Lost Years of Merlin again. I love that book, and I can't wait for the movie.

Smiley Mad

When I read a book, I want to read about something that could never happen in real life. I just can't get into books where the story could of really took place.

This story couldn't take place the way it's described. He almost gets killed every 70 pages, but always survives. He's immortal until the end. The thing is, the story is written very well. It's a great way of story telling.

No

It is on my Netflix list along with Scarface.

I don't mind watching movies that could of taken place in real life though. Just books.

Chuf it out.
Message 12 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Dec 19, 2006

RedDragoon wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

RedDragoon wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

RedDragoon wrote:

Aowen wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Smiley Mad

No

It is on my Netflix list along with Scarface.

I don't mind watching movies that could of taken place in real life though. Just books.

You have to see it dude, it's the best movie ever made.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 13 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Dec 19, 2006
Island of the Blue Dolphins and A Man Without a Country.For school
Message 14 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
42098 posts

Dec 19, 2006
I'm currently reading Aliens vs Predator: Prey and will read Aliens vs Predator: Hunter's Planet and Aliens vs Predator: War in that order afterwards:

Message 15 of 15 (0 Views)
0 Likes