Fender Bender
4112 posts

Re: What are some things i can do...

Mar 16, 2007

Andy19 wrote:

calebs got a psp wrote:
Im only 15, and live in waterloo iowa. I may be just a tad young for most events, but im just looking for ways to get an early start.

You can race small oval dirt track sprint cars.  I was going to get involved with that when I was your age.  They are REALLY fun.

Yea, i think iowa is the state with the most oval dirt tracks. But im not a big fan of dirt track racing, or races that involve going in circles all day. I like road coarses best, tracks like road atlanta, laguna seca, road america, sebring... and tracks like that. And to the guy that brought up the idea of go-cart racing, I might do that. About 2 years ago, my grandpa, my friend, and i built a go cart from almost scratch. My only problem is that this go cart isnt really a "racing" go cart... Just look at the pic im about to post.
Message 11 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4112 posts

Re: What are some things i can do to get involved with racing

Mar 16, 2007
 heres a pic of the go cart that my grandpa, my friend and i built- (which no longer is in use, and now that i think of it, i havnt driven it for over a year... The reason its not really ever driven is because our drivetrain design wasnt very good. The engine sucks, i would have to write about three pages why the engine sucks but lets move on. And the whole system in the back from the engine to the rear wheels is crap. The chain would always break of anytime we took a really hard turn and stuff like that... poor lower rear design in other words. Although me and primo101 (the friend who helped build) had some fun drifting this thing in the snow/mud back in the day, its just not reliable enough to use anymore.

Message 12 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Mar 16, 2007
you could sell that one and get a better one
Message 13 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4112 posts

Mar 16, 2007

Gibson9 wrote:
you could sell that one and get a better one

I couldnt sell that one for much money at all. And it would probably make my grandpa mad if i did.
Message 14 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2594 posts

Mar 16, 2007
Go Karts!
Message 15 of 15 (1 View)
0 Likes