Wastelander
742 posts

Re: What are some of the worst ways you've died in a video game?

May 30, 2013

Stage_Coach wrote:
Noob Saibot's fatality from MK9. You know the one....

Ouch... 

I think the worst one for me is dieing in Resistance Fall of Man by leapers than being trampled by dozens of hybrid soldiers as they ran over my dead corpse.

Message 11 of 23 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1626 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Being captured by a pokeball and forced to fight for your life or eating yourself on pacman when being possessed by the ghost.

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 12 of 23 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3336 posts

May 30, 2013

Getting knocked back and falling down a pit.

Twitter: @Xeno_VII
Message 13 of 23 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13546 posts

May 30, 2013

While playing Skryim, someone stole my sweetroll, so I chased after them. Ended up taking an arrow to the knee.

Message 14 of 23 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

May 30, 2013

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

While playing Skryim, someone stole my sweetroll, so I chased after them. Ended up taking an arrow to the knee.

Dude... that was so lame and abused. Really? Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 23 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13546 posts

May 30, 2013

LOL like I care. I thought it was funny..lol

Message 16 of 23 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

May 30, 2013

Not really the worst, but it was funny. It was in "Little Big Planet."

First time I ever played it, it was with my brother and one of our friends. (Our friend got it for me as a "House warming gift.")

The three of us were playing it at my house. I forget the level, but it involved explosives. My brother softly jumped on one of the bombs... Nothing happened. He then jumped higher and it blew us all up.

We all started laughing, but our friend yells "Why would you do that?!" -- which just made us laugh more.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 17 of 23 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

May 30, 2013
Ugh...there's a lot of bad deaths from online MP games...

Sure if I looked through my videos I could find some really good ones...

But...I'll just say the Red Line killing me. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about knows the pain...
Message 18 of 23 (72 Views)
Welcoming Committee
37303 posts

May 30, 2013

There was an old game called Lode Runner.  In this game, it was possible to get stuck in a place on the screen where it was simply not possible to get out.  The enemies didn't kill you there.  The time didn't run out.  You were just stuck.  There was nothing else to do but power off the machine.

At least if you died you could start the level again.  But no.  You might have 20 extra lives but you're totally screwed and have to cut the power to the game.  There was no way to progress, no way to die and start again, no way to do anything.

In Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando there was a similar problem.  There is an initial screen  where you are flying over the Planet Aranos on a big transport.  You have to get to the end before you can get the coordinates to Planet Oozla.  But if you've beaten the game once already and are going through again, you may have unlocked the access to the Insomniac Museum.  If you restart the game in Challenge Mode (going back through all the levels), you start over at Planet Aranos.  If you teleport to the Insomniac Museum from there (as some people have done) you will find yourself unable to get back to Aranos.  You will also be unable to get to Oozla because you don't have the coordinates yet.  So you're stuck at the Insomniac Museum.  And in the case of so many hapless gamers, they didn't have any other save files.  OUCH!  There was nothing to do but start the entire game over from noob tier.

That really sucks.

Message 19 of 23 (67 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14113 posts

May 30, 2013
@ Dr. Gadget: That's terrible Smiley Sad. You'd figure they'd work all of the bugs out of a game before putting it out.

Had something similar happen -- only it was in Lufia: Ruins of Lore. Couldn't ever get past this one part in the game, as the game would freeze entirely. Not quite the same as a character dying, but still a pain in the butt.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 20 of 23 (56 Views)
0 Likes