Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Re: What Kind of Headphones Do You Use

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@DoubleO_seven.

Here's what you are not realizing though. You overpaid for them severely. Beats are made by Monster Cable. The same company that has been ripping people off for years with 100+ dollar audio and video cables which do not perform any better than the $10 cable.

What Monster pretty much did was copy AKG's styles and concept, slap a B on it and double the price. You might think they sound good but you actually spent $200 on less than a $100 pair of headphones. All you really did was pay for a celebrity name just Monsters Lady Gaga line. Meanwhile neither Dre or Gaga had anything to to with the development.

You might be right, maybe i did get caught up in the hoopla and overpaid for them . But i also have some AKG k240 that i purchase about 3 years ago for $179. they are lighter but im just not getting the sound and mixing from them that i am getting from my dre beats. I feel more comfort when i toss on my headphones for about 4-8 hours a day. But thats just me and my friends or listeners around me say my mixing is alot cleaner. what headphones do you recommend when it comes to using DAW.

Message 31 of 33 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Maybe a pair of Sennheiser HD280's? I know a lot of people recommend them and they are only $100 on Amazon. The Beyerdynamic DT770's can be had for about $180. Same with the Ultrasone hfi-580's which are a highly recommended Beats alternative.
Message 32 of 33 (37 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 28, 2013

regular ipod headphones

Ipod graphics

Message 33 of 33 (32 Views)
0 Likes