VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Re: Were your teachers lazy?

May 13, 2013

back in high school i had 2 teachers that were so bad they were fired the following school year. would have loved to seen the number of student and parent complaints the office recieved about them. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 18 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3410 posts

May 13, 2013

I only had one case in this and this is when I was in middle school when all my teacher did was just assign us worksheets while she sat on her butt and played computer games. We all knew how lazy she was and I still passed the class anyways but she never DID anything, and I mean anything! Now in High school, all of my teachers that I have are always "with the class" and we still do all kinds of activities and they really make class fun dare I say it.

Seeing teachers like this questions why they became teachers in the first place! Handing out a worksheet and saying "Do it" isn't teaching at all.  I support Jeff 500% because teachers need to actually TEACH and not just sit around not giving a crap and they only care about the paycheck.

Now if I may add that even if teachers do packets and stuff at least they should be going around and helping people and still taking questions instead of just sitting around doing nothing. The education system needs to be re-enforced and the lazy teachers have to go.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 12 of 18 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

May 13, 2013
They still are jk i love my teachers and they work hard for our education
Message 13 of 18 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 13, 2013
One of my english teachers, couldn't say my last name right. What does that tell you. LOL. If anything, she was hot. That's all I got from her class.
Message 14 of 18 (76 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10200 posts

May 13, 2013

I was very fortunate enough to have fantastic teachers throughout my High School years, they were there for me during the harshest times and when I needed them the most. It's too bad there are some out there that just don't care.

Message 15 of 18 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

May 13, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

This is what happens when public sector unions protect bad teachers.  Its also why people get so upset at the teachers unions, overall the unions are good to have but then they go and protect HORRIBLE teachers. 

Generally speaking I'd agree. I don't like unions, and in the case of teachers unions they tend to get in the way by protecting the ones that need to go and are dragging down all the good teachers that need to stay.

But, the teachers union has actually proven itself useful this last year. A number of states have decided to adopt a new method of paying teachers, making their salary based on the performance of their students on state standardized tests. So even if the teacher is really good, if they either get students that don't test well (like I've always been), or students who just don't care enough to try, or students who just can't grasp the content because it's their weakest subject then the teacher is likely to take a pretty substantial pay cut on top of one of the lowest paying careers in the country.

As much as I hate unions, I have to support them on this. This decision is only going to create more bad teachers who don't actually care about their students or the students' future. All they're going to care about is making those test grades so that they can make a better paycheck.

BTW, I should point out that I'm close friends with a number of high school teachers. My friends received last year's state tests and the answer keys so that they can focus on what they need to teach this year. After going through the test they discovered that a number of them where grievously wrong. The Biology test had 25% of the questions that had the wrong answer marked on the answer key. This is what the state wants to base teacher pay off of... And they wonder why so many students fail state tests yet seem to do pretty well in the actual classes...

shadowstalker100 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

If a student wants to learn something they will learn something cant be blaming teachers

teachers can be blamed if they are incompetent

Yes and no. There are bad teachers out there that don't teach a thing. I've come across a few. But there are also a lot of students out there that just don't care.

My friends that are teachers are some of the good ones. They come a cross a surprisingly large amount of students who just don't care. They had one last semester that when asked why she doesn't do any of the work and walks away with a D despite being a very intelligent student explained, "Why bother putting effort that I don't need to put in. I can sit here and do nothing, get a D in the class. Get my GED and walk from the school, then take that GED to the local community college. There I can go to an easy college for two years then transfer to the near by full university where I will only need to spend two years working on anything that's actually any difficult." She had everything planned out, and with a surprisingly well placed set of logic.

Of course that was only just one kid. Most of the others basically said that they don't care, the subject is stupid, school is stupid, they're just going to drop out once they're old enough and go home and live off of food stamps like their parents.

So ya, more of the time, it's the students. But it can also be the teacher if the teacher isn't any good.

Message 16 of 18 (66 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 13, 2013
My English teacher seems to not care, but te rest are alright.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 17 of 18 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

May 13, 2013

Teachers certainly don't do it for the money, that's for sure. A lot of them have to actually put their own money for supplies for their own classrooms. Their doing it for a reason. It really depends on their personality though... At my high school most of the teachers were actually pretty cool and very outgoing. Most had perfect teaching skills to match their own personalities.

Yes, there are young adults out there that just don't want to learn one thing or just don't care at all. They would rather just hang out with their friends. But that's on them if their teachers are actually going their extra mile!

Message 18 of 18 (50 Views)
0 Likes