Fender Bender
3059 posts

Re: Well guys, i finally got it...

Dec 24, 2006

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:
yup, i got my new laptop...! it takes a lot of getting used to because i had such an old Dell, so my new one has a lot of new features to it. it's pretty awesome. it's to early to give a review but once i get to know it a little better I'll give one. let's see, i got Windows Vista with it (i don't like it very much, might need some of your help with it) and i get one free upgrade. i paid the extra $190 for them to put Norton 2007, spy ware and all those little extras. the laptop itself was $999.99, but the total was $1265.00. so, in case you are wondering i didn't choose a Toshiba (which i was initially going to buy), i got an HP... ill leave a link to it. so, this is probably going to be the last time (or one of the last times) i will be posting on my old dell, it is my first laptop and it proved it's purpose. lol I'm going to miss this laptop, it introduced me to a whole new world. anyway, here's the laptop i got...

so... what do you think? oh yeah it's got the whole multi-media features aswell.

You could have gotten a refurbished MacBook for that price
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 21 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3991 posts

Dec 24, 2006

wrote:

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:
yup, i got my new laptop...! it takes a lot of getting used to because i had such an old Dell, so my new one has a lot of new features to it. it's pretty awesome. it's to early to give a review but once i get to know it a little better I'll give one. let's see, i got Windows Vista with it (i don't like it very much, might need some of your help with it) and i get one free upgrade. i paid the extra $190 for them to put Norton 2007, spy ware and all those little extras. the laptop itself was $999.99, but the total was $1265.00. so, in case you are wondering i didn't choose a Toshiba (which i was initially going to buy), i got an HP... ill leave a link to it. so, this is probably going to be the last time (or one of the last times) i will be posting on my old dell, it is my first laptop and it proved it's purpose. lol I'm going to miss this laptop, it introduced me to a whole new world. anyway, here's the laptop i got...

so... what do you think? oh yeah it's got the whole multi-media features aswell.

Why would i get  macbook....
Message 22 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 24, 2006

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:

wrote:

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:

Why would i get  macbook....

Because MacBooks are better than Windows PCs? I know, I have the single core version of that notebook you bought (except for a better videocard, higher clock speed, bigger hard drive, TV tuner, Audigy 2 ZS soundcard, DVD-RAM drive) and the MacBooks walk all over it because they don't run Windows.

Message 23 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3991 posts

Dec 24, 2006
umm.. Duo is a tad bit different. imo, macbooks suck, i don't want to be running on apple stuff, i like windows and microsoft. believe me, i looked at the macbook i had the choice of gettng that but the HP just had a little more to offer me. and i don't what somethiing tht was returned... with like 512 mb ram...
Message 24 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 24, 2006

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:
umm.. Duo is a tad bit different. imo, macbooks suck, i don't want to be running on apple stuff, i like windows and microsoft. believe me, i looked at the macbook i had the choice of gettng that but the HP just had a little more to offer me. and i don't what somethiing tht was returned... with like 512 mb ram...

MacBooks suck? They're faster than what you got. They come with Intel Core 2 Duos which stomp everything by AMD. Even my single core will be faster than your Dual Core because my system runs at a higher clock speed,  has the same core, and about 95% of software out there is single threaded, so it won't be able to take advantage of the multiple processors. Oh and the battery life on my system and the MacBook will be about DOUBLE of what you get with that system Turion64 X2s are power hogs and cut real world battery life down significantly from their single core counter-parts, as well as not offering any real world speed advantage with software that isn't multi-threaded.

You like Windows? So you like viruses, spyware, adware, security problems, compatibility issues, software that hasn't changed since 1995, etc. etc. etc? Basicall, you don't like innovation or change? You don't want a computer that runs like a computer in 2006 should?

SO what if the MacBook only comes with 512MB of RAM. It's not like you can't upgrade it Plus you get better software and better hardware. And the big plus of no Windows and no Microsoft.

Message Edited by on 12-23-2006 09:56 PM

Message Edited by on 12-23-2006 09:57 PM

Message 25 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3991 posts

Dec 24, 2006

wrote:

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:

MacBooks suck? They're faster than what you got. They come with Intel Core 2 Duos which stomp everything by AMD. Even my single core will be faster than your Dual Core because my system runs at a higher clock speed,  has the same core, and about 95% of software out there is single threaded, so it won't be able to take advantage of the multiple processors.

You like Windows? So you like viruses, spyware, adware, security problems, compatibility issues, software that hasn't changed since 1995, etc. etc. etc? Basicall, you don't like innovation or change? You don't want a computer that runs like a computer in 2006 should?

SO what if the MacBook only comes with 512MB of RAM. It's not like you can't upgrade it Plus you get better software and better hardware. And the big plus of no Windows and no Microsoft.

i have rarely had the virus problem unless i don't have an antivirus, microsoft and windows have always impressed me. this laptop was actually reccomended... i don't really think it's wost than apple i think it has more to offer in my situation. also, this came with everything setup.... and the ibook or w/e only upgrdes to like a 2GB, these ones upgrade to about a 4GB. this laptop is very impressive and i doubt your single core is better (no competition, but seriosuely) than this.... core duo and AMD are basically the same...
Message 26 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 24, 2006

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:

wrote:

WWE_JohnCenaLuvar wrote:

MacBooks suck? They're faster than what you got. They come with Intel Core 2 Duos which stomp everything by AMD. Even my single core will be faster than your Dual Core because my system runs at a higher clock speed,  has the same core, and about 95% of software out there is single threaded, so it won't be able to take advantage of the multiple processors.

i have rarely had the virus problem unless i don't have an antivirus, microsoft and windows have always impressed me. this laptop was actually reccomended... i don't really think it's wost than apple i think it has more to offer in my situation. also, this came with everything setup.... and the ibook or w/e only upgrdes to like a 2GB, these ones upgrade to about a 4GB. this laptop is very impressive and i doubt your single core is better (no competition, but seriosuely) than this.... core duo and AMD are basically the same...

Well, you should go kick whoever recommended it to you.

Notebook can only be upgraded to 2GB of RAM. Not 4. It also has the nVidia GeForce 6150, which is a worse chipset than my Xpress 200M and on the same level as the GMA950 included in the MacBook.

Also, HP includes OLD versions of software (such as WinDVD), so you need to go out and buy new versions of all of your software anyway. It really doesn't come with any good software at all (I know this from experience) and Macs do. They come with all the software you'll ever need. And none of it is 3 generations old (like WinDVD) and all of it is useful.

Again, Core 2 Duo stomps all over the Turion64 X2. Espicially the lowend one you have there. My system runs at an extra 400MHz compared to yours and it has a better videocard with 128MB of dedicated memory (not shared like yours). Not to mention mine was only a little bit more than yours after you take the currency conversion into account.

You really got ripped off. Take it back and get a good system.

Message 27 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1738 posts

Dec 24, 2006
i thought windows vista isn't out yet
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
xmas money so far= 105 dollars
Message 28 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 24, 2006

ThaCh0s3n0n3 wrote:
i thought windows vista isn't out yet

It is for businesses. It will be available to consumers next month. But it doesn't really matter. Upgrading to Vista from XP is like going to Windows 98 from Windows 95.

Message 29 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3991 posts

Dec 24, 2006
hmmm well i don't feel that i was ripped off it honestly does everything the mac does and more... i didn't get my laptop from HP personally i got it from futureshop and they updated all of the software, everything is new on here, and updated so that doesn't seem to be a problem. he told me everything was the same as the toshiba i initially wanted, and that it was expandable to 4GBs, so i'll just take it back to him when it needs more. this has built in everything, webcam, mic, lan etc. it's widescreen (and awesome picture btw), it has GREAT features on the actuall key pads where it's touch-screen to control the dvd player, gret multi-media features... i really can't complain and am very happy with my purchase, especially considering i didn't have to pay with it... basically my sister got it for me and it's only going to be about $500-$700 for the actual laptop and everything included... seems like a pretty good deal to me. but that's alright, i respect your opinions and i hope you do mine, your obviousley an apple fan... i've never been one. but the majority thinks it's a good/nice computer so i'm happy with tht as well, thanks for your opinions
Message 30 of 56 (1 View)
0 Likes