Welcoming Committee
33928 posts

Re: Well Sony did it.

Jul 7, 2012

FredFai wrote:
No more custom avatars... in case you didn't know. :smileysad:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/What-do-think-about-the-new-forum-theme/m...

This isn't a Jive/Lithium situation.  I know for a fact that Lithium can support custom avatars.  It was a decision made by Sony, so the avatar here matches the PS3 avatar.  In the past, Sony had changed their minds about the custom avatars.

My idea last time this came up was to show two avatars here.  The first would match the PS3 avatar, and then below that you would have your custom avatar.  The custom avi would show up here only, much like your sig does.

This would be the best of both worlds.

Message 91 of 119 (192 Views)
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Jul 7, 2012

DrGadget wrote:

FredFai wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/What-do-think-about-the-new-forum-theme/m...

This isn't a Jive/Lithium situation.  I know for a fact that Lithium can support custom avatars.  It was a decision made by Sony, so the avatar here matches the PS3 avatar.  In the past, Sony had changed their minds about the custom avatars.

My idea last time this came up was to show two avatars here.  The first would match the PS3 avatar, and then below that you would have your custom avatar.  The custom avi would show up here only, much like your sig does.

Kudos to that!  I suppose that if we can't have Custom avatars, we'd all be fine with having two.  One being PSN and one of our choice (to those with the high enough post count as I've said on other threads).  Good idea DrGadget! :smileyhappy:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 92 of 119 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10093 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I can live without custom avatars, since we have our signatures. Just increase the size of the avatars to 150X150.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[You're not worthy as my opponent! #Vergil]
Message 93 of 119 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Well this is much better. :smileyhappy:

Oh how I missed you smileys. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 94 of 119 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33928 posts

Jul 7, 2012

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

FredFai wrote:

Kudos to that!  I suppose that if we can't have Custom avatars, we'd all be fine with having two.  One being PSN and one of our choice (to those with the high enough post count as I've said on other threads).  Good idea DrGadget! :smileyhappy:

I never said anyone approved my idea.  I don't want to generate false hopes.  I'm just saying it could be done.  This would take extra effort on the part of Lithium, so it probably won't happen.

Sorry.

Message 95 of 119 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2801 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Well I'm glad Sony did it and changed back to Lithium, as for my PS3 avatar I need to change it. I've seen a few posters who use the same Yankees one I'm using right now. I don't to get mixed looking at another user post with the same avi, lol. Someone should probably delete this post from the help section about using custom avatars, seeing as we can no longer have one. :smileysad:

How do I use an uploaded image as my personal avatar?

You can use any approved image you've uploaded as your personal avatar. The first step is to upload the image. Once it's been approved, all you have to do is select it.

To use an uploaded image as your personal avatar:

1. Go to your My Settings page and click the Avatars tab.
  2. Click From Your Image Gallery or From Uploaded Images to see the images that you've already uploaded.
  3. Click an image to use it as your personal avatar.

Message 96 of 119 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Jul 8, 2012

DrGadget wrote:

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

FredFai wrote:

I never said anyone approved my idea.  I don't want to generate false hopes.  I'm just saying it could be done.  This would take extra effort on the part of Lithium, so it probably won't happen.

Sorry.

Oh no I understood what you meant!  Lmao, I'm just saying that it is a solid and reasonable idea, that if was taken into account, could be very practical and probable to use in the forums.  But, I know that it is merely and idea that has not been approved... yet.  :smileywink:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 97 of 119 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4252 posts

Jul 8, 2012

FredFai wrote:

Blargh....

If only it could have happened.

Message 98 of 119 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Glad to be back on Lithium as well! 

I could never get into the layout of the Jive forums and it was such a ghostown anyway. Hopefully traffic starts building back up as we gain new members and old alike. 

One thing I've noticed immediately is how much faster the Lithium forums are than Jive. It's like a night and day difference. 

Message 99 of 119 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8491 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Glad to be back on Lithium as well! 

I could never get into the layout of the Jive forums and it was such a ghost town anyway. Hopefully traffic starts building back up as we gain new members and old alike. 

One thing I've noticed immediately is how much faster the Lithium forums are than Jive. It's like a night and day difference. 

Just for future reference are things faster at night or during the day?

There won't be any custom avatars :smileysad:
Message 100 of 119 (82 Views)
0 Likes