Treasure Hunter
7641 posts

Re: Well Sony did it.

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

I haven't visited this site in a very long time, stopped after the switch was made. I'm happy to see Sony made the decision to go back to Lithium.

I hope word gets out and the traffic picks up more, I also hope that they bring back some of the features of the pre switch forums. I think I may have to post a little more here now.

Sig by nuno
Message 111 of 119 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10046 posts

Jul 14, 2012

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[You're not worthy as my opponent! #Vergil]
Message 112 of 119 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33740 posts

Jul 14, 2012

I actually remember that, Dee.

Message 113 of 119 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10046 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Did you get careless, and not lock the threads you moved, or is that some kinda bug?

[
Message 114 of 119 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33740 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Must have been carelessness.  That's the only time I remember seeing that happen.

It was far more common for me to move a thread and all I did was move the redirect for the thread.  And then I was all "huh?"  And then I looked and it showed that Shun had swooped in out of nowhere, ninja-ed the thread I was about to move, and swooped back into nowhere.  SHUNNNN!!!!!

So then I hads to spend the next few moments un-redirecting his redirect before anything else happened.

Or someone took a screenshot of the mess before I could get things back to normal.

Message 115 of 119 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10046 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Well, then in that case there's no need for you to move threads, since he moves all of them. :smileytongue:

[
Message 116 of 119 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33740 posts

Jul 14, 2012

No, I moved a bunch too.  Literally thousands of them.  It's just that he was faster.  I've not seen anyone who could ninja a thread like Shun.  I think he does things in bullet time.  He's really Neo.  I have documented proof.

Message 117 of 119 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11185 posts

Jul 14, 2012

TKearney9 wrote:
That's crazy no one thought of that. Don't have to pay for the Sony mods, don't have to pay for the Lithium ones. You get people who are probably more active than current mods that love the forums.

This is the way it was done in the past. Did it work well? Absolutely.  The community was thriving at the time and volunteers were a huge part of what made the operation side run smoothly.  I am in full support of them implementing volunteer moderators once again.

Message 118 of 119 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
33740 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Agent_AirForce wrote:

TKearney9 wrote:
That's crazy no one thought of that. Don't have to pay for the Sony mods, don't have to pay for the Lithium ones. You get people who are probably more active than current mods that love the forums.

This is the way it was done in the past. Did it work well? Absolutely.  The community was thriving at the time and volunteers were a huge part of what made the operation side run smoothly.  I am in full support of them implementing volunteer moderators once again.

I expect we'll see more of that.  The last year and a half were a pretty bad time for forum participation.  The word is already spreading that the real PSU is back.  Forum participation is growing quickly.  Given time, it could grow back to 2010 or 2007 levels.  If/when this happens, Sony will need more moderators.  They could hire some, or they could find some volunteers.

It will be a good idea again for the same reasons it was a good idea before.

Almost everything about volunteer mods will improve Sony's bottom line.

a. Much cheaper (not entirely free).

b. They already know the forum.

c. They already have a rapport with the users.

d. They put in long hours.

e. There is no practical limit to the number of V-mods you can have.

f. Sony can specifically seek out a few V-mods in other countries where a favorable time zone means a V-mod working through the night while the Sony mods are asleep.  It's good to wake up and have 90% of everything already done.

Volunteer mods are not entirely free because they need training and guidance.  This does take a considerable amount of man-hours on the part of the experienced staff, but it pays back very quickly.  It's worth the effort.

Message 119 of 119 (86 Views)