Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: Welcome back, forums!

Aug 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

No, no.  PSN is sure to be unharmed.  I'm just worried about our little community here.

Well the accounts that people use on the forums are the accounts used on PlayStation Network, so your theory is busted. Smiley Wink

No, young sir.  Their posts are gone.  Anyone who registered before the crash, but posted during the time period, all that information is, at this time, lost. The registrations made on PSN are intact, but the forum activity during that time period is gone.  That is what I mean. 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 91 of 103 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

No, no.  PSN is sure to be unharmed.  I'm just worried about our little community here.

Well the accounts that people use on the forums are the accounts used on PlayStation Network, so your theory is busted. Smiley Wink

No, young sir.  Their posts are gone.  Anyone who registered before the crash, but posted during the time period, all that information is, at this time, lost. The registrations made on PSN are intact, but the forum activity during that time period is gone.  That is what I mean. 

Oh okay my bad I must have misread. 

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 92 of 103 (56 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Oh okay my bad I must have misread. 

Hey, I may have mistyped - crap happens.  I wish I was wrong. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 93 of 103 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

I just realized something awful: Smiley Sad

What about people that created their accounts during the deleted timeline?  That means that they are gone, with no record of their first posts.

That seriously makes me sad, guys.  I hope that anyone we lost comes back. Man Sad

This is what you said Grindhead ... it's totally in the right.

PSN ID is different from a forum account, though they both use PSN ID.

Message 94 of 103 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

What about people that created their accounts during the deleted timeline?  That means that they are gone, with no record of their first posts.

That seriously makes me sad, guys.  I hope that anyone we lost comes back. Man Sad

This is what you said Grindhead ... it's totally in the right.

I believe you are wrong. A while back when you would make an account you would also sign up for the forums via email verification I believe it was. That does not mean that they are different.

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 95 of 103 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I believe you are wrong. A while back when you would make an account you would also sign up for the forums via email verification I believe it was. That does not mean that they are different.

I registered for the forums just shy of two months ago.  You have to have an SEN/PSN account first, then use that ID to register with the forums, which creates a table in the database to track your activity.  The same credentials are used to authenticate, but the forum information is native & dependent to the forum database.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 96 of 103 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I registered for the forums just shy of two months ago.  You have to have an SEN/PSN account first, then use that ID to register with the forums, which creates a table in the database to track your activity.  The same credentials are used to authenticate, but the forum information is native & dependent to the forum database.

So basically what you were saying is that their account activity would be wiped? Not their accounts in general.

FiveFourteen
Message 97 of 103 (32 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

it was only a day.

any new person wouldnt have made many posts in that time, unless they are a black belt spammer. Smiley Tongue

Message 98 of 103 (27 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

So basically what you were saying is that their account activity would be wiped? Not their accounts in general.

I'm saying that, yes, their forum activity would be wiped, correct.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 99 of 103 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 7, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

it was only a day.

any new person wouldnt have made many posts in that time, unless they are a black belt spammer. Smiley Tongue

That's quite a valid point, but I imagine that it could be very discouraging for someone new, that's all. 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 100 of 103 (24 Views)
0 Likes