Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2013
By: rajivdk7 First Son 8 posts

We should be able to play ps3 games on the upcoming ps4, and cross play with the vita.

27 replies 181 views Edited Oct 3, 2013

Some one told me , we can't play ps3 games on the ps4, and can't cross play with vita. This is disappointing as I have many vita and ps3 games. Come on sony, upgrade the ps4.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14178 posts

Re: We should be able to play ps3 games on the upcoming ps4, and cross play with the vita.

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2013

And Im sure you'd be fine and NEVER complain about the "upgraded" price as well?

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (176 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5560 posts

Re: We should be able to play ps3 games on the upcoming ps4, and cross play with the vita.

Oct 3, 2013
Just keep your PS3. That's what I'm going to do and didn't I mention this a week ago?
 photo f4474b32-13d8-4a42-8dea-341bcf1bb907_zps30ca2dc6.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (171 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14108 posts

Oct 3, 2013

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3509 posts

Oct 3, 2013

rajivdk7 wrote:

Some one told me , we can't play ps3 games on the ps4, and can't cross play with vita. This is disappointing as I have many vita and ps3 games. Come on sony, upgrade the ps4.

Playing PS3 games on PS4 will most likely be available via streaming with Gaikai when Sony makes it available for use.

No, or your "upgraded" console will cost much more than $400 and would be an unwise decision by Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 3, 2013

Poor people dont buy Playstation consoles, xD

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14108 posts

Oct 3, 2013

rajivdk7 wrote:

Not many people buy needlessly expensive consoles either, friend.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
759 posts

Oct 3, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

rajivdk7 wrote:

Not many people buy needlessly expensive consoles either, friend.

Define "many"...cuz as I recall when those $700 ps3 launched they sold out.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 3, 2013

It will reduce after some time. You will know this when you are learn economics.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14108 posts

Oct 3, 2013

rajivdk7 wrote:

It will reduce after some time. You will know this when you are learn economics.

:smileyindifferent: I'm not going to bother with this tango today. I did it enough in PlayStation General just after the February reveal, E3, and up until people started complaining about PlayStation Plus. I extend the offer to anyone willing to deal with this. Have a good evening, old sport. I'll leave you with a post I made when these threads were created hourly, nearly four months ago.

darknovaxp wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Link to every "PS4 no have BC?" or "PS4 cannot into PS3?" thread ever.

And a list of all the reasons why that I've encountered.

• Convenience - Yeah, slash lazyness
  • My whole PS3 library has been rendered useless - Solution: Keep PS3
  • Why would I want to have to huge consoles hooked up to play games (Somone actually said this)
  • It costs money to keep both - No in fact it does not
  • It will be a gold mine, I tell ya' - False, the cosole would be needlessly expensive because it's basically a PS4 with a PS3 built in
  • Put a PS3 disk reader inside the PS4 - Which is just putting the PS3 inside the PS4
  • Why not make a cable to connect the PS3 to the PS4 so I can... - Note: the PS3 would be right next to the PS4, playing the game and streaming it to the PS4
  • PS4 can't play PS3 games because Sony is lazy - Yeah, okay. The x86 architecture cannot emulate cell engine/Different Architecture
  • PS4 should play PS3 games because they're both blu-ray - Fallacious argument. Do not respond because this person does not know what they were talking about and will refuse to acknowledge the truth. It will carry on for at least seven pages. They believe they are correct. / Different architecture
  • PS4 games won't be any better, I need it to play PS3 games - Aside from the minute uptick in graphics, simply put, the PS4 alows for more of everything.
  • won't enjoy PS4 titles - Why buy a PS4?
  • don't have any space - Put the PS3 away, you won't play it everyday. Guess what I did when I wasn't playing my N64: in the box
  • I only have one HDMI in - Most HDTV's, even older ones, have multiple HDMI inputs; when all else fails: HDMI switch
  • I would pay for it - Yeah, you, not the average consumer which needs to be considered to sell anything
  • have to sell my PS3 for a PS4 - Probably the most logical of the bunch
  • was never gonna' play PS4 games on my PS4, just watch movies and play PS3 games - That's just silly. I don't approve.
  • I don' wanna' - Entitled
  • Online communities will be empty because everyone has a PS4 - False, if everyone is frothing at the mouth for PS3 games they will not simply empty like *that*
  • The PS3 is selling horribly so Sony is pushing out a half baked PS4 - PS3 overtook Xbox 360 sales some time ago, it's gaining steam
  • The PS3 will die suddenly when the PS4 is released - Sony has a ten year plan for their systems. The first two lasted longer than a decade. I expect nothing different from the PS3, only 7 years old.
  • What if my PS3 breaks - What if your PS4 breaks/Buy a new one/You will be able to find someone to fix it
  • What if Sony drops support; they've lied before - Not about the ten year life cycle

ALL THE THOUGHTS YOU COULD EVAR WANT.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (120 Views)