Fender Bender
3303 posts

Re: Water found on mars.!

Mar 16, 2007

DarkCloud(R) wrote:
Earth use to be hotter then Mars and no water what so ever because it was being bombed night and day with comets. Now look at earth now... Mars is getting there, i'll give it a few more lifetimes.

Actually, the theory is that the sun used to be hotter and durring that time the Martian atmosphere used to be at a comfortable temperature for life. Durring this time because of the water and fossil evidence they belive there was life once.  When it cooled, life there died and conditions ripened here. 
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 51 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Mar 16, 2007

1up_Dude wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:
Earth use to be hotter then Mars and no water what so ever because it was being bombed night and day with comets. Now look at earth now... Mars is getting there, i'll give it a few more lifetimes.

Actually, the theory is that the sun used to be hotter and durring that time the Martian atmosphere used to be at a comfortable temperature for life. Durring this time because of the water and fossil evidence they belive there was life once.  When it cooled, life there died and conditions ripened here. 

I don't think that has anything to do with what i'm saying.
As I said, earth use to be bombed none stoped by comets, no trace of water what so ever. Over time, the bombing stoped and the planet cooled down. You should also know comets have ice on them, so when the comets came into contact with earth, the atmosphore asorbed all the ice melting it and turning it into water clouds. Then over time this water would rain back down and the rest is history.

G.A.P member since Jan 23, 2004
t
Message 52 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2786 posts

Mar 16, 2007

Fenderson wrote:

Sorry I just had to do it.

Lol, funny. I could have told you that!

"In my life, I have this regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so"
Message 53 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5006 posts

Mar 16, 2007
 lol marsSmiley Tongue

made by meh
Message 54 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Mar 17, 2007

Fenderson wrote:

fudge101man wrote:
Just because there's water doesn't mean there's life..

But it proves that the planet could support it.

Actually, this is the real news.  We can generate light, heat, pressure, etc.  But the hard thing is getting water to Mars.  If it has this much water already, then the major problem has been solved.
Message 55 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes