Reply
Dec 04 2012
By: moblesuit75 Treasure Hunter 4421 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

25 replies 200 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

MASS exodus of Florida

Description: Miami-Rush-Hour-Traffic-03

Only 49 more states to go!

Hooray for Florida !


I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies
and deadbeats heading North out of Florida, because this is the first state
in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida ! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott
said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are
drug-free."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test
drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances, won't be
eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those
Who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years.

 

Moble

Message 1 of 26 (200 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
39424 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

MASS exodus of Florida

Description: Miami-Rush-Hour-Traffic-03

Only 49 more states to go!

Hooray for Florida !


I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies
and deadbeats heading North out of Florida, because this is the first state
in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida ! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott
said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are
drug-free."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test
drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances, won't be
eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those
Who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years.

 

Moble


As a Florida resident myself I applaud the actions of Gov Scott.

 

Far too many times have I been in line in a supermarket when the person in front pays with foodstamps, no probem there at all, the problem comes when you take a closer look at the person, they have a Gucci packetbook & they're talking on their iPhone, now they'll have to be drug tested, bloody good job too.

 

Some people really need those Foodstamps, others, far too many actually, abuse the system, it is the abusers, both of the system & of the drugs they take who ruin it for the honest & law-abiding who rely on this income for themselves & their children.

 

Good for Florida!

 

Now if we can only get rid of all the Snowbirds that are currently in Florida the roads would be safer too!

 

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 26 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 4, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

MASS exodus of Florida

Description: Miami-Rush-Hour-Traffic-03

Only 49 more states to go!

Hooray for Florida !


I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies
and deadbeats heading North out of Florida, because this is the first state
in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida ! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott
said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are
drug-free."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test
drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances, won't be
eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those
Who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years.

 

Moble


As a Florida resident myself I applaud the actions of Gov Scott.

 

Far too many times have I been in line in a supermarket when the person in front pays with foodstamps, no probem there at all, the problem comes when you take a closer look at the person, they have a Gucci packetbook & they're talking on their iPhone, now they'll have to be drug tested, bloody good job too.

 

Some people really need those Foodstamps, others, far too many actually, abuse the system, it is the abusers, both of the system & of the drugs they take who ruin it for the honest & law-abiding who rely on this income for themselves & their children.

 

Good for Florida!

 

Now if we can only get rid of all the Snowbirds that are currently in Florida the roads would be safer too!

 


I was actually amazed the State got away with it.  Usually the largest number of voters are those below the poverty line, or here illegally, but I digress.

 

I agree BRIT, and before the haters get on here and start bashing the idea as unconstitutional or infringing on rights, lets take a step back.

 

If people are not using illegal drugs, then there should be no concern should there?  The lady doth protest too much, to quote a famous verse, brings it all into the light.  Those with the greatest amount to lose, will always make the most noise.

 

The EBT system is in place to help those who are in need, and I am happy it exists.  Should my family fall on hard times, I am grateful that such a system exists.  Much like you BRIT, when I am in line and I see EBT users who have more luxury items than I, it makes me shake my head.

 

I am not jealous of the luxury items, but if one is so down in the hole, as to need EBT, then perhaps they should not be buying luxury items.  As well, when I have my family on a $150.00 a week food budget, and these people get a State provided $250 - $300 a week budget, it makes my blood boil.

 

All this is without even touching the substance abusers angle.  EBT and Welfare exist to help those in actual need, survive until they can start to recover.  If the person or persons is unable to ever recover, due to a legitimate issue, then that is fine as well.  The system is there to help, not to enable.  Unfortunately, this is how it has become.

 

Where is the incentive to stop taking the drugs, stop boozing, and get back into the game?  There is none to date.  To go further, the system becomes less regulated every year, enabling more and more "deadbeats" to abuse the system.  I think Florida is making a great step towards cleaning out the refuse.

 

Too many people say it is not feasible to properly regulate the EBT and Welfare system.  Have they tried?  No.  Well at least Florida is trying.

 

Unconstitutional, or against people's rights?  Think about this then; although I no longer smoke, I am glad that smoking is banned in most places.  One could easily argue that smoking bans are unconstitutional and against smoker's rights.  Is it only because smoking is frowned upon?  Why then; is illicit drug abuse not frowned upon, with regards to those who are getting handouts that others more readily deserve.

 

If the system is cleaned of the abusers, then there is more money for those who are using the system correctly.  I say this is incentive for those who do it right, to point out the cheaters, and help clean up the system that assists them.  

 

Oh, I am sure I will get a bunch of haters for this, but when common sense does not prevail, all is lost.  Nothing I can do to make non believers believe, and I know that.  Just take it all with a grain of salt. Smiley Wink

 

Moble

Message 3 of 26 (182 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Online
24785 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 4, 2012

It sounds like a good idea in theory but it's been tried before and doesn't work. They cost of testing ends up being greater than the amount they save by catching users. The only winners are the companies that provide and evaluate the drug tests. The taxpayers will end up losing more.

Message 4 of 26 (176 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 4, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

It sounds like a good idea in theory but it's been tried before and doesn't work. They cost of testing ends up being greater than the amount they save by catching users. The only winners are the companies that provide and evaluate the drug tests. The taxpayers will end up losing more.


Agreed, but the catch here is; the applicants must pay for the drug testing, and only if they pass, will they be reimbursed.  So yes, it will be a burden on the tax payers, from the legitimate applicant's standpoint, but those who are stupid enough to think they can pass, while taking drugs, will be out the money.

 

Ultimately, those who know they will not pass, will not get benefits, and be dropped from the program by default.  It is one tax burden I would gladly accept to ensure the taxes already being fleeced from me, are going to the right people.

 

Moble

Message 5 of 26 (173 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 5, 2012

If we could just do something about these snowbirds.....

Message 6 of 26 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 5, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

If we could just do something about these snowbirds.....


Well, have comfort in knowing, you and BRIT will not find me locking up the Floridian roads.  It is too hot down there.

 

As a born and raised Northerner, I rather enjoy the seasons.  Ultimately though, if I could ever find a place that is perpetually Autumn, I would move there in an instant.

 

Winter gets old fast, spring is wet and just seems like a mild form of winter.  As far as summer goes, as I have said, I am not a fan of the heat.  I prefer weather that I can dress nice in, while having an option to wear a coat or not.

 

As well, I would miss the color and crispness of Autumn.  There is nothing like a cool New England Autumn night with a full moon, clear sky and the smell of wood fire in the air.

 

Besides, my cousin lives in St. Pete, and I have seen how crowded it is down there.  BT Dubbs; what is with all the oversized billboards with giant pictures of lawyers?  There was one every fifty feet along the main boulevard.  They must be for the Medicare Blue Hairs going down there to die.

 

Moble

Message 7 of 26 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 5, 2012

LOL I hate FL myself. New England born and raised. Moved down here to be with my wife (fiancee at the time) and we both hate it here for some of the reasons you stated and many more...

 

We're thinking of heading to like mid east coast eventually.  This place is for the birds.

Message 8 of 26 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/01/2012
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012
Spoiler
awesome. I think this is a good step. BRIT-KO and mobile you are absoluely right! Now, here's hoping other states will follow suit. I know Oklahoma has already done so Hooray for them both! Smiley Tongue 
Message 9 of 26 (140 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 5, 2012

HuK_Exx wrote:

 awesome. i think this is a good step. BRIT-KO and mobile you are absolutely right. here's hoping other states will follow suit. i know that Oklahoma has already done so so good for them bothe! Smiley Tongue 


Up here in NH, we are getting too many MassH**es moving in, to get it by the State Legislature.  Having been born there and wisely moving out, I know for sure it would never fly in the People's Republic of Massachusetts.  LOL Smiley LOL

 

Moble

Message 10 of 26 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes