Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Watch for Drastic Population Decline in Florida

Dec 6, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

HuK_Exx wrote:

awesome. i think this is a good step. BRIT-KO and mobile you are absolutely right. here's hoping other states will follow suit. i know that Oklahoma has already done so so good for them bothe! Smiley Tongue 

Up here in NH, we are getting too many MassH**es moving in, to get it by the State Legislature.  Having been born there and wisely moving out, I know for sure it would never fly in the People's Republic of Massachusetts.  LOL Smiley LOL

Moble

I grew up in Keene.

Been there a couple of times.  Went last year for the jack o lantern record attempt.  My wife went to college at Keene State, as well.

Small World.  I am in South Eastern NH. Smiley Happy

Moble

Message 21 of 26 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Dec 6, 2012
You guys should be glad you don't have snow...

I mean, very little closes here until after we get 4-6 inches of snow (or a coating of ice...ice is no joke and deserves to be taken seriously), and even then some places it takes a foot to close.

And I don't even live that far north...
Message 22 of 26 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 6, 2012

turbodieseltruck wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

What's wrong with Snowbirds?  Are you saying we Quebeckers are bad drivers??  How could you??  

Come on, speed limits are merely suggestions, turn signals are there to be used to confuse other drivers and you're being tailgated so we can read your bumper stickers.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Canadians are horrible drivers eh? But so are the majority of people in FL in the winter.  For the love of god don't get me started on the driving.

yea and here in Florida as soon as it starts raining everyones driving experience goes right out the window, Tallahassee definatley has the worst drivers, hands down

Good thing about the rain, most times, in Florida is the patchiness of it.

I was visiting my cousin, and we were riding in his Wrangler with no top, (the jeep, not us Smiley LOL Scary Smiley Wink), and we started to feel the rain drops.  My cousin made a left turn, went down about two miles, made a right, and we successfully stayed dry.  Cool trick.

Moble

Message 23 of 26 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 6, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Hi Phoenix!

I used to be glad I don't have snow. It was one of the biggest reasons I was soo excited to move to FL.  I was dead wrong.  I will move back to New England (its in my 5 year plan).

The trade off of not having snow vs. all that is bad is FL isn't worth it.  I miss my home.

Message 24 of 26 (54 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Dec 6, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

I mean, very little closes here until after we get 4-6 inches of snow (or a coating of ice...ice is no joke and deserves to be taken seriously), and even then some places it takes a foot to close.

That is one of the reasons I hate living in Brooklyn...

The snow I hate! then what made it worse is when the snow would feeze to ice and become slippery.

I bust my **bleep** countless times when I used to live up there.

But then again snowball fights was always fun until that one jerk would throw a big rock ice at you!

Message 25 of 26 (52 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Speedy24xmax wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

That is one of the reasons I hate living in Brooklyn...

The snow I hate! then what made it worse is when the snow would feeze to ice and become slippery.

I bust my **bleep** countless times when I used to live up there.

But then again snowball fights was always fun until that one jerk would throw a big rock ice at you!

City living in the snow must be the pits!  I live in the sticks, so at least there is a place to push the snow.  I see the crap Bostonians have to deal with, and it is certainly not for me.

In Boston, the practice is (frowned upon by the city BT Dubbs), to shovel out your parking spot, then put a piece of furniture in the spot when you leave.  It is funny to see, but was somewhat effective in the past.  People actually get in brawls over it.  CRAZY!

NYC must be a freaking nightmare.

Moble

Message 26 of 26 (49 Views)
0 Likes