MVP Support
12915 posts

Re: Walmart glitch

Nov 6, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Found the follow up to the glitch walmart did actually honor their glitch

http://kotaku.com/walmart-glitch-gives-18-new-games-to-some-lucky-shoppe-1459575523?utm_campaign=Soc...

Wow. That's a surprise coming from them.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 11 of 22 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Nov 6, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

http://kotaku.com/walmart-glitch-gives-18-new-games-to-some-lucky-shoppe-1459575523?utm_campaign=Soc...

That's what I said as well I was shocked lol I give them credit then..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 12 of 22 (628 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12915 posts

Nov 6, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

That's what I said as well I was shocked lol I give them credit then..

Yea lol for once they did something right.

They actually marked something I was ordering up on their site. Thank god it didn't charge me that other price, or else I would have been rather angry. Since said items were still on sale.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 13 of 22 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Nov 6, 2013

I hardly buy items from walmart if it comes to electronic stuff I go to Best Buy or Game Stop for that stuff

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 14 of 22 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 6, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Walmart won't honor anything.. Walmart is known for being like that.. They treat their employees like dirt so yeah I doubt anything will happen..

As an employee of Walmart with knowledge of our policies, that could not be further from the truth. 

The stores give plenty of hours (even to temporary workers). The stores give good holiday pay. The only thing that could maybe be said about their treatment of employees is the lack of full-time positions currently. They hire temporary workers and nobody can get full-time at the lower levels unless they had full-time prior to the policy change.

Walmart will honor anything if you make a fuss about it. I sometimes work in returns. You would not believe the stuff that is returned. Clothes that were obviously worn a lot, shoes with dog poop on the bottom, toys that were melted, etc. They almost never even have a receipt. We have a 3-time rule with the non-receipt returns, but people will do terrible things. Even worse are the thieves who wander the parking lot for receipts, find the items on the receipt, and then return them or take them out of the store. It is disgusting. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 15 of 22 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

@bob-maul  Count yourself lucky that you have a good experience working at Walmart.

My experience at Walmart wasn't pleasant at all. I worked in the stock room during 3rd shift 10:00pm to 7:00am as an Inventory Associate (IMS). The employees during 3rd shift never managed to get all the work done because the Walmart was extremely understaffed. There were times when there was only 2 IMS ppl in the entire store!

Also the majority of workers were temporary/part-time instead of full time so they couldn't qualify for certain benefits. The most important one being the 10% store discount which you don't get until 3 months of working there. Also there is little chance of moving up in the store since you can only access the computers during work and many employees don't have time to do that since they are fully concentrated on their work. Employees where also discouraged from doing overtime and could even get in trouble from doing to much overtime. Another thing is the huge giant rat infestation in the stock room/break room which the management acknowledges but does nothing about it.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 16 of 22 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4609 posts

Nov 6, 2013
Message 17 of 22 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 7, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

@bob-maul  Count yourself lucky that you have a good experience working at Walmart.

My experience at Walmart wasn't pleasant at all. I worked in the stock room during 3rd shift 10:00pm to 7:00am as an Inventory Associate (IMS). The employees during 3rd shift never managed to get all the work done because the Walmart was extremely understaffed. There were times when there was only 2 IMS ppl in the entire store!

Also the majority of workers were temporary/part-time instead of full time so they couldn't qualify for certain benefits. The most important one being the 10% store discount which you don't get until 3 months of working there. Also there is little chance of moving up in the store since you can only access the computers during work and many employees don't have time to do that since they are fully concentrated on their work. Employees where also discouraged from doing overtime and could even get in trouble from doing to much overtime. Another thing is the huge giant rat infestation in the stock room/break room which the management acknowledges but does nothing about it.

The early morning shift is always terrible. The fewest people go so there is a smaller effort at those hours. The 10% discount card is fantastic and most temporary people are hired at my store after their contract is up (including myself when I began earlier this year).

The rat problem is your store's problem. Corporate can be a little annoying with fixing things, I will give you that. The mules that push carts never work, so the courtesy clerks are out there dying (again, me at one point).

Overtime is discouraged because they have to pay you more. They have plenty of employees to fill the void.

And moving up at the store is not too bad. Go into personnel, go into the cash office, etc. Get one of those and you are in close proximity to assistant managers and your general manager. Form those relationships and you can be the next assistant manager. 

Message 18 of 22 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7867 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Bob, you work at Wal-Mart?

Why Bob?

Why??

**weeps softly**
Hey That Chris signature
Message 19 of 22 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Bob, you work at Wal-Mart?

Why Bob?

Why??

**weeps softly**

It offers me a part-time job with plenty of hours to save for college and pay for bills. And the schedule is flexible. And I get a shiny discount card that essentially eliminates the huge Californian sales tax. It works on on every non-food item (and it even works on food items during the holiday season)

Message 20 of 22 (567 Views)
0 Likes