Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: WHATS YOUR FAVORITE GAME

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

TheBigDumpMachin wrote:

rouward wrote:

Well uhmm that's my first RPG game (back when we owned PS2). Till now, I still play that game!

Not trying to be a hater, XII certainly had a great battle system and fun missions, however, it had very lackluster characters and the story, to me, extremely shallow and boring.  Perhaps the biggest flaw I saw in it was the two main characters, two of the weakest main characters in any of the Final Fantasy games I have played outside of the first one and X-2, which is saying something because I have played all of the number series games along with Tactics (the best Final Fantasy in my opinion if you count it).

If you haven't played any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games or the SNES Final Fantasy games, I'd say you would be doing yourself a favor if you give them a shot.  I felt XII and XIII were lackluster, but I loved IV through X to death, and could only point out minor flaws in any of those games, all of them have worthwhile stories in my eyes and certainly have deeper, more appealing characters then XII or XIII.  Tactics is also brilliant, one of my favorite games of all time in fact, however, be warned that it is a turn-based strategy game and for those new to those sorts of games, it can be a bit of a challenge.

Again, not bashing you, we all have our own tastes and opinions, just wanted to encourage you to give the older FF games a shot.

Yeah right. Smiley Very Happy

Of course it's a matter of opinion, but IV to X are indeed the best ones in the series.

Nostalgia makes games seem better, though. 

I'd agree to a point.  It applies to a couple of the Final Fantasies for sure, for example, IX.  I loved the crap out of IX, couldn't get enough of it.  I went back to it again and couldn't stop seeing flaws in regards to plot elements and certain characters.  Necron was an awful choice for a Final Boss, Kuja was not that great of an antagonist either.  Garland was a throwaway character, and on and on.

However, IV was just a brilliant RPG period and still fun as hell to play to this day.  Outstanding characters all the way around, decent challenge so far as battles go, great villians, great writing, great everything really.  You can say the same about VI, VII, and VIII as well, though I am biased towards VIII because it was my first.

Also Super Metroid, I defy any gamer reading this to go and play Super Metroid and not have a great time.  Best game ever made if you ask me.

Message 22 of 29 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jun 22, 2013

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Majoras_Mask.png

photo ry2dGaAA0VPV_zps779cde2a.gif>
Friend code me i get pretty lonesome 2165-6983-6109
Message 23 of 29 (107 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Final Fantasy 6 the best RPG of all time. If only there is going to be a remake with Mark Hamill as Kefka. I would kill for that.

Message 24 of 29 (102 Views)
Splicer
86 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Just started playing Red Dead Redemption best game I've played in awhile

Message 25 of 29 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Of the games I've played, Persona 4 Golden. Amazing story, excellent voice acting, super visuals and the best rpg gamplay I have ever played, period.

Message 26 of 29 (89 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Teven-95 wrote:

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Majoras_Mask.png

THATS what im talkin about

Message 27 of 29 (87 Views)
First Son
2 posts