Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Re: Vista Help plz

Mar 28, 2007

future_gohan wrote:
Thats alittle much don't u think? geeze, i just installed from my install disk, dual booted, and worked fine.

Spyder93090 wrote:
When I was installing my copy of Vista, I was told that it's extremely crucial to update my System BIOS. No clue what the hell that means but I did it anyways. I also uninstalled every program I had and defragged my PC. Did a clean install rather than an upgrade. Turned out fine.

Yeah, a little excessive but I took every precaution so somethiing like this wouldn't happen.

My friend's Vista installation went in the total opposite direction and I was like, f* that. I'm not letting that happen to me. Cuz if this laptop broke, I'd have no idea in hell how to fix it.

So the day before I got Vista, I backed up everything and then did everything else I mentioned before and it went through perfectly in about 45-mintes.

Then I upgraded to 1.5Gb of RAM a few days later.
Message 11 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Re: Vista Help plz

Mar 28, 2007
Have you tried inserting the Vista setup disk and using the automatic startup repair?  If it's POSTing fine and kicking over to Vista initially, it should be able to correct the error.  I also know, at least in XP, that getting to the recovery console and typing "fixmbr" could work wonders fixing startup errors like this.
Message 12 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes