Nov 19 2006
By: nerdindisguise Treasure Hunter 9073 posts

Video cards(overclocking)

8 replies 2 views Edited Nov 19, 2006
How far should i be able to overclock my video card? WIhtout cooling. Pretty sure i have enouhgh fans. I have a 6800XT XFX card clocked at 350 and 1ghz. What can i do?
Message 1 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Re: Video cards(overclocking)

Nov 19, 2006
Download Nvidia Coolbits. It will just change something in your registry and unluck it under nvidias settings. It has a setting that will put it as high as it should go.
Message 2 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9073 posts

Nov 19, 2006
I already have it. WHen i go to detect optimal frequncies, it just keeps gonig on and on and on.
Message 3 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Is that safe?

NK wrote:
Download Nvidia Coolbits. It will just change something in your registry and unluck it under nvidias settings. It has a setting that will put it as high as it should go.

Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 4 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Nov 19, 2006

madhive wrote:
Is that safe?

NK wrote:

Yep, I've used it and never had a problem. And if the card starts to get too hot it should automatically start declocking I think.
Message 5 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9073 posts

Nov 19, 2006

NK wrote:

madhive wrote:
Is that safe?

NK wrote:

Yep, I've used it and never had a problem. And if the card starts to get too hot it should automatically start declocking I think.

Hey, while im playing css, is 80 degrees to hot? Cause it says the video card will start to declok at 125 degreess. Woudl that mean 80 is ok?
Message 6 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Nov 19, 2006

Boywithhair wrote:

NK wrote:

madhive wrote:
Is that safe?

NK wrote:

Hey, while im playing css, is 80 degrees to hot? Cause it says the video card will start to declok at 125 degreess. Woudl that mean 80 is ok?

Ya it should mean that it's fine. But ya, just use coolbits. If you manually overlclock(you pick how high) you have to test it. And if they are too high it won't use that and use what it was at before. So it is a safe program.
Message 7 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4920 posts

Nov 19, 2006
where can i download this coolbits?
Message 8 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Nov 19, 2006
This should be it.
If that doesnt work just look around google.
Message 9 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes