Highlighted
Jan 06 2007
By: PL@Y$T@T10N31N4M3R~ Wastelander 870 posts

*Video Game Industrie's "Osama Bin Laden" Warns Once more-A must Read-

12 replies 15 views Edited Jan 6, 2007

Seems we can't go a week without hearing from our favorite antagonist, Jack Thompson. His latest raving is a preemptive strike of sorts, as the Florida lawyer sent a "heads-up letter" to Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, promising to "undertake various means to prohibit and stop the sale of Grand Theft Auto 4 to minors." The letter arrogantly issues several warnings as well, stating Microsoft cannot "participate in any fashion, directly or indirectly, in such sales to minors."

Of course, Thompson was quick to point out the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility's report that shows certain retail chains have been more effective in restricting "M"-rated games. We have no idea why this letter wasn't sent to the retailers themselves, who are more directly involved in the process, but hey, that's Thompson. Go straight to the top with a complaint, watch it fall flat, and try again.

We also have no clue why Thompson decided to pass on sending this letter to Sony, who is also planning to release GTA IV on the PS3. It's not like he isn't aware of the company; Sony was fixed in Thompson's cross-hairs for much of 2006. Perhaps Sony's launch issues have caused him to overlook the PS3, but rest assured, Sony will eventually hear of this letter.

MY 2 Cents

Seriously, This guy should Get shot, By a GTA Gamer or just some other gamer. I really think there is something wrong with jack thompson. Why does he worry so much what video game another person's child  wants to buy and play. Leave that to the parents. And if its that big of an issue, let law makers/government handle it. This guy probably has no kids, he doesent play video games and yet  he hates video games with a passion. I remember watching CNN once about the violence of video games, there were a group of politicians around in the room talkin on the issue, and each time one of them went to speak, they each confessed that they are gamers, one of them mensioned the game he plays, i think it was age of mythology and also gave details as to what level he is on. I just wish jack thompson were there to see what he is trying to destroy.

Message Edited by PL@Y$T@T10N 3 1N4M3R on 01-05-2007 04:29 PM
Message 1 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1861 posts

Re: *Video Game Industrie's "Osama Bin Laden" Warns Once more

Jan 6, 2007
rofl age of mythology sux big hairy balls >_<
Message 2 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8292 posts

Jack Thompson will one day curl uyp and die once he reali...

Jan 6, 2007
Jack Thompson will one day curl uyp and die once he realizes that not a single person in the world is on his side. Not even the anti-gaming parents. They all think he's crazier (and stupider) than drinking from the wrong side of the glass......

I would LOVE to have a conversation with the man, just to see his reaction once he gets schooled in an argument by a 14 year old freshman...
Message 3 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1861 posts

Re: Jack Thompson will one day curl uyp and die once he reali...

Jan 6, 2007
i would love to see people start smoking crack and start stealing and shooting others because they banned video games because of this mofo... and after that he will be happy probably... =___=

Message Edited by illutionz on 01-05-2007 04:36 PM
Message 4 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Jan 6, 2007
Jesus Christ,, Im glad im in canada. If hes going to stop the sale of video games, hes gonna do it in the states.., We never hear about him over here.
Message 5 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12855 posts

Jan 6, 2007
At least Osama's keeping his trap shut Smiley Mad.
Message 6 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
32681 posts

Video Game Industrie's "Osama Bin Laden" Warns Once more

Jan 6, 2007
When will you kids realize that killing Thompson is the single worst thing we could do?  It would prove his ideas to the word, and there could be an actual threat to the industry.

Message 7 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3182 posts

Jan 6, 2007
really I have an 8 year old brother who plays halo did he pick up a gun and kill me or someone else with it no have I no he talks to me he will get schooled by a 12 year old
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 8 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2376 posts

Jan 6, 2007
who cares about jack thompson? Let him waste his life trying to do something that he can never accomplish.
PSN: Anverch
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 9 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Jan 6, 2007
You know, I think he should really change his approach to the gaming industry.  Instead of banning sales to minors, he should just start some advertising campaign about the ratings.  ESRB sort of already has this, but it isn't really effective

Though I have to agree wtih it all being up to the parents, but I at least think they should be educated better about the games and their ratings.  I've seen really young kids blowing people's heads off in video games with their parents not caring, and I don't really know if it's the right thing to do.
Message 10 of 13 (15 Views)
0 Likes