Highlighted
Jan 10 2007
By: SnowBob302 Gaming Beast 2488 posts

VGA vs DVI

5 replies 6 views Edited Jan 10, 2007
how much better is the DVI monitor interface compared to traditional VGA? how so?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Re: VGA vs DVI

Jan 10, 2007
It's not a TREMENDIOUS difference, the only differene is DVI-I is digital, and so the picutre is more crisp and clear than VGA......
APPLE SPY
Message 2 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Jan 10, 2007
I have a great example for this, A few years ago when I purchased my first DVI compatible computer monitor, I hooked up both the VGA and DVI inputs and put a very high resolution image up on the screen and then toggled from VGA to DVI, the colors just JUMP right out at you and the images are much crisper and less blurred - huuuge difference.
Message 3 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2488 posts

Jan 10, 2007
ok so if my monitor had VGA conectivity and i have a converter for VGA-DVI and i have a DVI connector on my video card shouls is tick to direct VGA connectivity or use the converter and use the DVI port on my GFX card
Message 4 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Jan 10, 2007
No, just a converter wont cut it - keep in mind "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link", if you run any part of the DVI signal through VGA, it will all be degraded to VGA quality, it wont have the same DVI quality even if you upconvert back to DVI at some later point, you need a DVI output on the monitor, a DVI cable plugged into it, and a DVI port on your video card to plug that cable into.

SnowBob wrote:
ok so if my monitor had VGA conectivity and i have a converter for VGA-DVI and i have a DVI connector on my video card shouls is tick to direct VGA connectivity or use the converter and use the DVI port on my GFX card

Message 5 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2488 posts

Jan 10, 2007
k thanks
Message 6 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes