Last Guardian
9993 posts

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Jul 4, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

Playstation Home is a failure.  I think those who date on there are just weird.

The point is to say unpopular opinions.

I've got some "unpopular opinions" but I rather keep them to myself to maintain a good image.

Uh oh, someone thinks they have a good image.

Whatever do you mean ne1? Smiley Very Happy

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 42 of 378 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Cult  

/kəlt/
Noun
  1. A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
  2. A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

According to this article, the 2010 US census recorded the number of mormons in the US at 14.1 million people.

That same census puts the US population in 2010 at 308,745,538 legal residents.  That's 13.31% of the population.

Every Mormon I have met, while creepy, has been a nice person.  However, the stance that particular group takes on issues of race and homosexual rights, in particular, are outmoded and counterproductive.  Citing the second definition, Mormons are a cult.

...in my unpopular opinion.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 378 (162 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 4, 2013

ThatRuled wrote:

Cult  

/kəlt/
Noun
  1. A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
  2. A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

According to this article, the 2010 US census recorded the number of mormons in the US at 14.1 million people.

That same census puts the US population in 2010 at 308,745,538 legal residents.  That's 13.31% of the population.

Every Mormon I have met, while creepy, has been a nice person.  However, the stance that particular group takes on issues of race and homosexual rights, in particular, are outmoded and counterproductive.  Citing the second definition, Mormons are a cult.

...in my unpopular opinion.  Smiley Very Happy

By that definition every religion is a cult. And as far as their views on race. What are you talking about? And on the gays, its the same as almost every christian organization. So, still a misinformed opinion.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 44 of 378 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2702 posts

Jul 4, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

It was an unpopular opinion.  If I posted that on the Home boards, those Home people would of got out their torches and ran me out of there.  I'm sorry if I offended you by saying online daters are weird Smiley Happy

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 45 of 378 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jul 4, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

It was an unpopular opinion.  If I posted that on the Home boards, those Home people would of got out their torches and ran me out of there.  I'm sorry if I offended you by saying online daters are weird Smiley Happy

it is possible to find LOVE on there  dc. 

Message 46 of 378 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9993 posts

Jul 4, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

dc4daniel wrote:

Well, if you go to a Megadeth's concert and say "Boo Dave Mustaine sucks, Metallica all the way!" it would be an unpopular opinion there although Metallica is more popular. 

I think a good percentage of people can agree that people who date on Home™ are weird. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 47 of 378 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

By that definition every religion is a cult. And as far as their views on race. What are you talking about? And on the gays, its the same as almost every christian organization. So, still a misinformed opinion.

My deepest apologies on the alias nonsense (my cookies were messed up).  That's what i get from trying to reserve relevant names for gaming videos. ><  Again, my aologies for any confusion.  ThatRuled/Grindhead_Jim/KTHDXDIE_ = all the same guy.

I'm glad to see that you are following me.  

As for the race thing, find me one black person in power in the Mormon church.  Also, I have a close friend who grew up in the Mormon church; did missions, the whole bit.  He is no longer a member, and some of his stories will make your blood run cold.

I'm no fan of religion to begin with, but, some organizations are worse than others. 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 48 of 378 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jul 4, 2013

A VERY unpopular opinion: Sonic 06 was a great game.

Message 49 of 378 (126 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

My deepest apologies on the alias nonsense (my cookies were messed up).  That's what i get from trying to reserve relevant names for gaming videos. ><  Again, my aologies for any confusion.  ThatRuled/Grindhead_Jim/KTHDXDIE_ = all the same guy.

I'm glad to see that you are following me.  

As for the race thing, find me one black person in power in the Mormon church.  Also, I have a close friend who grew up in the Mormon church; did missions, the whole bit.  He is no longer a member, and some of his stories will make your blood run cold.

I'm no fan of religion to begin with, but, some organizations are worse than others. 

I'd like to hear some of those stories.

As far as the race thing.

Im not sure why black is everyone's favorite race, saying they are racist for not having any black people in power, is not only ignorant, but ill-informed. They have people from most races represented in the higher positions of the church.

Observe.

http://www.lds.org/church/leaders?lang=eng

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 50 of 378 (121 Views)
0 Likes