Keyblade Wielder
9815 posts

Re: Underground Lounge: Tonight's Menu - Mexican Feast!

Nov 28, 2006
*the Etts enters the UGL to the sounds of a mariachi band, and he kisses his ice cold bottle of Corona as he proceeds to his normal spot....*

Yum....good food!

Gluing yourself together....doesn't sound like fun. Especially if it's like what happened in one of the American Pies, where that one guy glued his hand to his you know what...Yikes!!

My last regular week of school, then finals next week. Woo Hoo. Umm, no. It will be sad times for me as I dive into the abyss of nonstop studying, and my mind becomes but a melting pot of knowledge that will be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

The 49ers have been struggling of late, attempting to make the playoffs, which I just don't think they're ready for yet.

The Trojans should destroy the Bruins this Saturday, making a marquee matchup b/w the Buckeyes and Trojans on Jan. 8. Good times.

Message 41 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6471 posts

Nov 28, 2006

etts49 wrote:

The Trojans should destroy the Bruins this Saturday, making a marquee matchup b/w the Buckeyes and Trojans on Jan. 8. Good times.

Y'know, I think the Trojans have become the Yankees of NCAA football. What I mean by that is, most of the country is sick of seeing them in a championship game, and hopes that they'll lose.

I personally don't care myself. I'm more into NBA and NCAA basketball.
Message 42 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9815 posts

Nov 28, 2006

.chaos. wrote:

Y'know, I think the Trojans have become the Yankees of NCAA football. What I mean by that is, most of the country is sick of seeing them in a championship game, and hopes that they'll lose.

I don't mind myself. SC went through years and years of mediocrity, as schools such as Miami, Florida State, and Notre Dame hugged the limelight, and yet, people wanted to see more and more. I think it's all part of the east coast bias myself.

Another thing is that the recruiting process for college is so much different than the pros. You're comparing an pro orgranization that knows no boundaries with limits to payroll, such as the yankees, to a college program that recruits students on an even playing field as every other college program. I see why people don't like the Yankees. They have over 20 championships, and have an endless supply of money to try and get all the better players on the baseball field. The Trojans are far from that, and happen to be on a hot streak. Everything goes full circle, so, me, I'm just enjoying the times now before the program goes back on the decline...but just don't expect that for awhile with the recruits they've been getting.
Message 43 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6471 posts

Nov 28, 2006

etts49 wrote:

.chaos. wrote:

I don't mind myself. SC went through years and years of mediocrity, as schools such as Miami, Florida State, and Notre Dame hugged the limelight, and yet, people wanted to see more and more. I think it's all part of the east coast bias myself.

Another thing is that the recruiting process for college is so much different than the pros. You're comparing an pro orgranization that knows no boundaries with limits to payroll, such as the yankees, to a college program that recruits students on an even playing field as every other college program. I see why people don't like the Yankees. They have over 20 championships, and have an endless supply of money to try and get all the better players on the baseball field. The Trojans are far from that, and happen to be on a hot streak. Everything goes full circle, so, me, I'm just enjoying the times now before the program goes back on the decline...but just don't expect that for awhile with the recruits they've been getting.

Well, I wasn't using the Yankees comparison in reference to recruiting programs or anything of that nature. I was using the reference more in relation to the fact that the Trojans seem to always end up in the championship game these days, much like that of Yankees baseball a few years back.

Message 44 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19062 posts

Nov 28, 2006
We just got back from our nebraska trip and finished unpacking everything too. Windshield wipers broke before the return-trip even started due to freezing drizzle and rain the night before with car repairs completed in under 90 minutes at a chrysler dealership in grand island. The rest of the trip was misty/rainy without any other troubles along the way.
 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 45 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Nov 28, 2006
today was allright....
up until end of school....
none of my partners showed up for group meeting, no biggie though i got a ride...

but my f'in sister..
i'm gonna kill her..

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 46 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14373 posts

Nov 28, 2006

Hawkeyz799 wrote:
today was allright....
up until end of school....
none of my partners showed up for group meeting, no biggie though i got a ride...

but my f'in sister..
i'm gonna kill her..

Why?
Photobucket
PSUComic|XBL - FadeToDark|PSN - FadeToDark
Message 47 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5418 posts

Nov 28, 2006
Im so hungry right now
Life's A Twitch !
Message 48 of 48 (1 View)
0 Likes