14647 posts

Re: US issues global travel alert over Al Qaeda

Aug 3, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:
Even if another attack happens, dont expect another 9/11 like attack. Yes, it is possible it can happen. But its VERY unlikely.
Just dont expect another plane to crash into a skyscraper. Airport security is 10X better than it was in 2001.

But this prompts me to ask... what if they plan to "Pull a 9/11" again, and try to take down the "New" world trade center? Very unlikely, but WHAT IF?

The government would simply take more civil liberties away for the sake of security. It always happens. People panic and throw all their freedoms away

Thats like the US government making studies to connect gaming with violence, murders, etc.

When sandy hook happened, everyone was quick to say "OMG GRAND THEFT AUTO HUR HUR!!!"

Yea, well this is not how it happens. They are trying to take games away from people who actually follow the rules and laws. ESRB is here for a reason, yet, moron parents keep pretending it dont exist and are blind, and still buy M17+ games for 13 year olds. <_>

Sandy Hook is not even the epitome of this. The Columbine shooting was what really got gaming a bad rap. They had this whole BS thing about how Doom trained the shooter and made him do it. 

Doom?

Doom...one of the first FPS games. It kinda helped popularize the entire genre.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 11 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

Well looking at comments on many sites, this is what i got that from. I had not thought of columbine, but thats true too.

Columbine caused a huge uproar when it was discovered the 2 shooters were hardcore doom fans. (Eric even made several levels and they are even still available online. He even made one that was shaped like the main halls and some classrooms of columbine high school).

Message 12 of 17 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Aug 3, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
Well looking at comments on many sites, this is what i got that from. I had not thought of columbine, but thats true too.

Columbine caused a huge uproar when it was discovered the 2 shooters were hardcore doom fans. (Eric even made several levels and they are even still available online).

The level thing went too far as well. There was a rumor that he made a elevel that was a recreation of the school. That one is an unproven claim, though.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 13 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Aug 3, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Need to send in the Canadians. We bust terrorist attacks before they happen

dont think angry moose count as terrorists.

Message 14 of 17 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Gotta love the media scaring people.

Message 15 of 17 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Aug 3, 2013
Ill embrace the day those ppl get a taste of their own extremist beliefs!!
Message 16 of 17 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Aug 3, 2013
HeavensLightfire, you've never heard of Doom? Smiley Surprised

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 17 of 17 (64 Views)
0 Likes