Mar 30 2007
By: TheOtis~ Survivor 2720 posts

UFC purchased Pride for 70 million

5 replies 2 views Edited Mar 30, 2007

Anyone else hear about this?

Theirs going to be super fights now, Wanderlei Silva can finally fight Chuck Liddell!! That's going to be insane.

Although, this kind of sucks in a way, I'm a bit bummed MMA is becoming so big. Instead of going to MMA events and being around other MMA fans, we're now surrounded by mid 20 year old guys screaming "HIT HIM HIT HIM IN THE FACE!!!!", while they're drunk, over and over again.

Owner of a 8800GTX and a 160gig PS3. Yes, I'm a gamer.

Games I'm buying within the next year-
-PC- Gears of War, Crysis, Quake Wars, Bioshock, Half Life Orange Box, Team Fortress 2.
-PS3- Unreal Tournament 3, MGS4, Gran Turismo 5, Haze, Killzone 2, DiRT, and Army of Two.
Message 1 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: UFC purchased Pride for 70 million

Mar 30, 2007

TheOtis wrote:

Theirs going to be super fights now, Wanderlei Silva can finally fight Chuck Liddell!! That's going to be insane.

Although, this kind of sucks in a way, I'm a bit bummed MMA is becoming so big. Instead of going to MMA events and being around other MMA fans, we're now surrounded by mid 20 year old guys screaming "HIT HIM HIT HIM IN THE FACE!!!!", while they're drunk, over and over again.

Silva is lost this last 3 fights pretty badly so Chuck would destory him.
Message 2 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2720 posts

Mar 30, 2007
He has been off a bit lately, but I think once he gets a couple more wins under his belt and if he trained hard enough, he'd destroy chuck.

-PC- Gears of War, Crysis, Quake Wars, Bioshock, Half Life Orange Box, Team Fortress 2.
-PS3- Unreal Tournament 3, MGS4, Gran Turismo 5, Haze, Killzone 2, DiRT, and Army of Two.
Message 3 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 30, 2007

TheOtis wrote:
He has been off a bit lately, but I think once he gets a couple more wins under his belt and if he trained hard enough, he'd destroy chuck.

I really want Shogun to come to UFC, I would kill all the light heavy weights in UFC. Shogun is a better fighter then Silva IMO.
Message 4 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4118 posts

Mar 30, 2007

TheOtis wrote:

Could be worse........back in the day, there would be more fights in the crowd then on the card! MMA events were never the most pleasent of places to be so wipe the miserable puss off the face.

Closer to UNIFICATION peoples! Don't be bummed!

I Play the DEEF Wha?
Message 5 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2720 posts

Mar 30, 2007
Yea, MMA events in the early 90's were brutal, so I hear.

Message 6 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes