Reply
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2374 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013
I'm against drone strikes on US citizens that have not been proven via court or some real public proof that they are enemy combatants. I don't want to go outside the US and be hit by a strike, because of some secret evidence.

Saying that, if it takes a drone strike to take out an any combatant, I don't care if they are a citizen or not. I rather spend a few thousand on a hellfire, than send in Seals or special forces to die in an attempt to catch such a person.

The only place I disagree with using drones, is in US territories, and areas where the local government is fully capable of apprehending a suspect and turning them over to US authorities. For example, I would disagree with using a drone over Brazil or something, when they have capable law enforcement.
Message 11 of 26 (110 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2009
Offline
2547 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

I wish we would send drones to canada or wherever this OP is from lol.


I'm offended now... Smiley Sad

 photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 12 of 26 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/19/2004
Online
36571 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I disagree. We are born innocent.  We have to be taught to be dishonest, lie, kill, steal and so on.  


I disagree with this.  "Little Johnny, who broke this lamp?"

"I don't know.  It was like that."

 

You don't have to teach kids to lie.  They figure that out all on their own, and at a very young age.  But you do have to teach them to tell the truth.  This is much harder to do, since we're wired for deceit.

Message 13 of 26 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 05/09/2005
Online
19067 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013

I will be very concerned if they start doing so on the innocent US citizens on domestic soil.

 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 14 of 26 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/15/2009
Offline
4131 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

I will be very concerned if they start doing so on the innocent US citizens on domestic soil.


But if they were droned, clearly they must have been guilty?

Message 15 of 26 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2374 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013

fleinn wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

I will be very concerned if they start doing so on the innocent US citizens on domestic soil.


But if they were droned, clearly they must have been guilty?


Well, the current way the administration is doing it, there is no proof of guilt.

 

Also, guilt is not determined by the Executive Branch, it's determined by the Judicial Branch of government. If they start doing it on US soil, you are bypassing all the laws placed to take down such individuals and the President gains the power to execute anyone they consider an enemy combatant without any proof of guilt. The definition used today as enemy combatant could change to anything, because the Executive branch has the power.

Message 16 of 26 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/15/2009
Offline
4131 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013
So are you accusing the current [insert affiliation] administration of killing innocent people? This is a serious allegation to make without proof in a time of global never-ending war. (Rabblerabble).

And you certainly undermine the US authority domestically as well as abroad by suggesting they are not just and righteous (on principle). This is at best subversive, and aligns you with the terrorists (who wish to eradicate all our values and institutions).

Also, be careful, or your misguided sense of justice could very well be causing harm to service personnel currently engaged in delicate and surgical marine-strikes in various war..ish.. theaters around the globe.

Really, what's next? Claiming that everyone has the right to a fair trial? Or that no one should be robbed of property or life by executive affidavit, because law and justice is important?

Haw, hawrrr, hawwr!!
Message 17 of 26 (67 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2374 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

fleinn wrote:
So are you accusing the current [insert affiliation] administration of killing innocent people? This is a serious allegation to make without proof in a time of global never-ending war. (Rabblerabble).

And you certainly undermine the US authority domestically as well as abroad by suggesting they are not just and righteous (on principle). This is at best subversive, and aligns you with the terrorists (who wish to eradicate all our values and institutions).

Also, be careful, or your misguided sense of justice could very well be causing harm to service personnel currently engaged in delicate and surgical marine-strikes in various war..ish.. theaters around the globe.

Really, what's next? Claiming that everyone has the right to a fair trial? Or that no one should be robbed of property or life by executive affidavit, because law and justice is important?

Haw, hawrrr, hawwr!!

Not sure if serious or sarcasm... nonetheless, I will respond as if serious!

 

Nobody is claiming that these people are innocent. Only that the situation lacks transparency as the President can list anyone as an enemy combatant and all the proof will remain a secret under CIA guidelines. That's why it's not only republicans but also democrats wanting to see more transparency in who gets killed by these drone strikes. It's not about party affiliation, it's about each branch knowing their place in government.

 

In the US justice system, we don't sent the police to execute people we suspect of being criminals. We arrest them and take them to court on charges and evidence. If the President is able to pick an choose who gets droned within the US, he/she bypasses all checks and balances.

 

We have a capable Police and court system within the US, so yes, everyone gets a day in court. Otherwise, there is no justice and the institutions should be eradicated, under your principle. Outside of the US, the laws are different and US authority may be sometimes limited to drones.

Message 18 of 26 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
6986 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013

TheJLC wrote:

fleinn wrote:
So are you accusing the current [insert affiliation] administration of killing innocent people? This is a serious allegation to make without proof in a time of global never-ending war. (Rabblerabble).

And you certainly undermine the US authority domestically as well as abroad by suggesting they are not just and righteous (on principle). This is at best subversive, and aligns you with the terrorists (who wish to eradicate all our values and institutions).

Also, be careful, or your misguided sense of justice could very well be causing harm to service personnel currently engaged in delicate and surgical marine-strikes in various war..ish.. theaters around the globe.

Really, what's next? Claiming that everyone has the right to a fair trial? Or that no one should be robbed of property or life by executive affidavit, because law and justice is important?

Haw, hawrrr, hawwr!!

Not sure if serious or sarcasm... nonetheless, I will respond as if serious!

 

Nobody is claiming that these people are innocent. Only that the situation lacks transparency as the President can list anyone as an enemy combatant and all the proof will remain a secret under CIA guidelines. That's why it's not only republicans but also democrats wanting to see more transparency in who gets killed by these drone strikes. It's not about party affiliation, it's about each branch knowing their place in government.

 

In the US justice system, we don't sent the police to execute people we suspect of being criminals. We arrest them and take them to court on charges and evidence. If the President is able to pick an choose who gets droned within the US, he/she bypasses all checks and balances.

 

We have a capable Police and court system within the US, so yes, everyone gets a day in court. Otherwise, there is no justice and the institutions should be eradicated, under your principle. Outside of the US, the laws are different and US authority may be sometimes limited to drones.


   the La pd missed this memo, plenty of time .. lol  thats a joke

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 19 of 26 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/23/2006
Offline
2374 posts
 

Re: U.S claims ability to kill U.S citizens

Mar 12, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

 

In the US justice system, we don't sent the police to execute people we suspect of being criminals. We arrest them and take them to court on charges and evidence.


   the La pd missed this memo, plenty of time .. lol  thats a joke


Haha. Smiley Very Happy It's something we joke about but man, it happens.

Message 20 of 26 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes