I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Re: U.S.M.C.

Jun 22, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Jarheads? 

They don't have as many cool toys as the USAF

USAF Vet Smiley Tongue

Ihave 1 word for that to prove Marines r the greatest fighting force on earth "D-day".
.................!!!
Message 11 of 27 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I went to the Air Show in Warner Robins last year. Pretty gnarly stuff.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 12 of 27 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Ihave 1 word for that to prove Marines r the greatest fighting force on earth "D-day".

As much as it pains me to point this out, the United States Marine Corps had nothing to do with D-Day.  USMC activities during World War II were focused on the Pacific theater, that is, the Empire of Japan.  This of it this way:

The Army defeated Nazi Germany and the Marine Corps defeated Imperial Japan.

Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Message 13 of 27 (82 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 23, 2013

maarillianaire wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Jarheads? 

USAF Vet Smiley Tongue

Yes, and if it were still the 40s and we didnt have the ability to shoot missles from miles away from an un-manned aircraft you might have a point.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 14 of 27 (73 Views)
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jun 23, 2013

DELTA_TEAM_LEADR wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I go through phases where I'm really into military stuff. I read the book Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko, it was interesting. A friend of mine joined a clan awhile back and there was a bunch of former military types in it who said that SEAL team 6 doesn't exist.

I guess they meant ST6 was classified for a long time and did not publically admit they existed. Makes you wonder what other real secret teams there are doing cool stuff.

Yeah I bet they have all sorts of things we aren't supposed to know about. In that book I read, the reason why Marcinko called it SEAL Team 6 is so that enemy intel would think the U.S had at least 6 of these SEAL teams. Some people have said that Devgru killed Bin Laden but honestly, I have basic knowledge on how the military works etc.

Now the Air Force have some cool stuff. I'd love to be able to check out their files on UFOS. Lastnight I watched a documentary filled with testimony from military guys of all ranks on sightings. That's a different thread though.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 15 of 27 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36565 posts

Jun 23, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Jarheads? 

USAF Vet Smiley Tongue

They have a totally different mission, and a very dangerous one at that.  Their job is to control and secure the littorals*.  Once there, they usually set up crude airstrips and sea ports to allow for heavier invasions.

* A littoral is a land region that is at an important point concerning the land and the sea.  New York City is a littoral.  New Orleans (War of 1812) is a littoral.  If some country were able to invade New York, they would capture the sea port and the airports first.  Then the Army could land and invade the surrounding areas.  The airports would act as refuel stations for the enemy fighters, bombers, and transports.  In the War of 1812, Great Britain tried to capture New Orleans.  If they had succeeded, they would have in essence conquered the entire Mississippi River watershed, which was over half the country at the time.

Canals are littorals.  Port cities are littorals.  A high hill where you could fire cannons down upon a river or a seaport is a littoral.  The Marines are the ones who take the hill, so that it's safe to bring the Navy ships into the ports.  The Air Force would probably bomb those cannons before the Marines get there, but the Marines would be the "boots on the ground" to take out any vestige of hostility or resistance on that hill.

Once the ships can get to port safely and a defensive perimeter is established, then the Army can form up and take major chunks of ground.  But until they perfect the flying tank or the teleporting Hummvee, the Army can't take the hill because they aren't there yet.  The Marines have to take that hill.  They have to land on the beach of a hostile littoral and quickly take control of enough of it to create a defensive perimiter and get the Army in there.

And of course, once we establish a forward air base where we can refuel the jets and load them up with bombs, the war takes on a whole different flavor, especially in the past where the fighter planes had a much shorter attack range.  This is most certainly what an enemy does NOT want us doing.  A forward air base on their soil means we're going to clobber them hard and fast.  Like during Operation Iraqi Freedom when we captured the Saddam Hussein airport in Baghdad. He had no chance then.  We brought the fight right into his back yard.

It is therefore in their best interest to fight as hard as they can against the Marines, before we can get the Army and Air Force fully into the mix.  In the case of Iraq, the littorals are far from Baghdad.  But once we had fleets of M1 tanks rolling through the desert, the time for trying to defend his littorals was long gone.

Message 16 of 27 (59 Views)
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Hey Setz name 1 unmanned aircraft who did wut my Uncle did and took a bullet for a wounded man who needed help or was awarded the Purple Heart twice like my uncle,or who can have the courage to charge wen it nos it has a 99.99999% chance of death,oh thats rite machines glitch malfunction and have no emotions so they will never be wut a human soldier is,and if u can stand in a warzone with bombs exploding on 1 side of u and bullets wizzing by everywhere else and see men who r ur friends being killed and blown up around u and still stand up and continue the mission till u die then ill consider listening to u.
.................!!!
Message 17 of 27 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 23, 2013

maarillianaire wrote:
Hey Setz name 1 unmanned aircraft who did wut my Uncle did and took a bullet for a wounded man who needed help or was awarded the Purple Heart twice like my uncle,or who can have the courage to charge wen it nos it has a 99.99999% chance of death,oh thats rite machines glitch malfunction and have no emotions so they will never be wut a human soldier is,and if u can stand in a warzone with bombs exploding on 1 side of u and bullets wizzing by everywhere else and see men who r ur friends being killed and blown up around u and still stand up and continue the mission till u die then ill consider listening to u.

That's what Im saying, its impossible to compare between such huge differences in technology.  

Anyway, technology will render human soliders irrelvant in the near future.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 18 of 27 (47 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Machines as i said glitch and malfunction and they will never become better then humans u cant teach a machine determination courage or bravery i mean wut if the "superhuman machines" r hacked which will happen,and humans havent been in the military oops no moere U.S.A. and if a robot can b sooo much better than humans y r they considered in the militarys own words "luxurys, advatageous luxurys but still luxurys". so wut was that ur saying abt a lifeless hunk of scrap being superior to a living breathing thinking human?
.................!!!
Message 19 of 27 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

maarillianaire wrote:
Machines as i said glitch and malfunction and they will never become better then humans u cant teach a machine determination courage or bravery i mean wut if the "superhuman machines" r hacked which will happen,and humans havent been in the military oops no moere U.S.A. and if a robot can b sooo much better than humans y r they considered in the militarys own words "luxurys, advatageous luxurys but still luxurys". so wut was that ur saying abt a lifeless hunk of scrap being superior to a living breathing thinking human?

1-True, but rarely, these machines aren't some budget PC...half of one cost more money than most of us will see in our lifetime.

2-Thats irrelevant, the only reason you have to train that into a human is because fear exists in the first place.

3-LOL, i've seen terminator as well, I don't have time to go into how incredibly hard(most likely impossible in most cases) that would be to do.

4-They are a luxury, because they are highly expensive and still being developed. The same way jets,and automatic weapons would have been considered war-time "luxury" in their respective times.

I think you may be misunderstanding my point, there are people behind these machines, drones and other similar things, are controlled by trained soldiers. SO, perhaps I worded that poorly, I meant replaced on the battlefield, not as a solider altogether.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 20 of 27 (40 Views)
0 Likes