May 22 2010
By: a24fan Fender Bender 4170 posts

Turtle Beach Earforce PX21 problem!

7 replies 2912 views Edited May 22, 2010

Ok soo... the PX21 is a universal gaming headset, meaning its compatible  with xbox360, ps3, and the pc.

it works with my 360 and ps3 but for pc I follow the instructions exactly for windows vista(like how to get it working) and well no sound. its apparently connected but i cant turn the volume on its got that red X where the speaker icon is on the little bar on the bottom of the screen and when i try to open the volume mixer thing it says 'no device installed'.

So I was wondering if anyone has a Earforce PX21 and had this problem but was able to get it to work and if you did what did you do?

I e-mailed their support but I don't think I'll get a reply today or anytime soon.. so yeah.. thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Re: Turtle Beach Earforce PX21 problem!

May 22, 2010

You should had bought the Tritton AX 720

They're awesome

And for the question, maybe you are missing a sound driver or you just connected something wrong .

Message 2 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 24, 2010

You can rest assured that if your headset is functioning correctly on the Xbox and PS3, the headset is fine. You just need to adjust the settings on your PC under Advanced audio settings. Your headset is also much better than the Tritton, as it is lighter and has better sound, especially bass response. You also have chat boost, microphone monitoring, and bass boost, all of which you would not have if you went with Tritton. As for TB support, they will open today so you should receive a reply shortly. For now, check out the settings in the manual here:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=%2bkPRTc8b4IM%3d&tabid=743

Message 3 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

May 24, 2010

a24fan wrote:

Ok soo... the PX21 is a universal gaming headset, meaning its compatible  with xbox360, ps3, and the pc.

it works with my 360 and ps3 but for pc I follow the instructions exactly for windows vista(like how to get it working) and well no sound. its apparently connected but i cant turn the volume on its got that red X where the speaker icon is on the little bar on the bottom of the screen and when i try to open the volume mixer thing it says 'no device installed'.

So I was wondering if anyone has a Earforce PX21 and had this problem but was able to get it to work and if you did what did you do?

I e-mailed their support but I don't think I'll get a reply today or anytime soon.. so yeah.. thanks.

If the headset works on a PS3, there's nothing wrong with it because a PS3 recognizes the USB interface the same way as a PC.  In your case, something happened during installation that caused the driver not to install properly.  Mind you, this is for the mic only.  Though you can use the PX21 as a straight USB headset, you won't be able to control the volume of the chat and game sounds separate.  To do this, you need to plug in the green jack to your PC to get sound.  The USB is for the mic and also for power.

ZackFair95 wrote:

They're awesome

And for the question, maybe you are missing a sound driver or you just connected something wrong .

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Tritton's sound quality is nowhere near Turtle Beach. I owned the AX720 for nearly a month before bringing it back to Best Buy. There is absolutely NO BASS at all in the AX720! Plus, the headset itself is more like a helmet--it literally squeezes your head and makes wearing glasses unbearable. Oh yea, and it's heavy as heck too.

I'd rather stick with my PX21 which is as comfortable as can be and sounds incredible. Not only that, but Turtle Beach has tons of extra features built into their headsets. What does Tritton have? Nothing but lackluster sound.

Message 4 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11187 posts

May 24, 2010

I had a similar problem and the solution I found was to install the driver necessary for your PC which can be found on turtlebeach.com. 

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/index.php?View=files

You will want to install the mtgoddlv.exe driver

Message 5 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 25, 2010

sorry buddy welcome to vista at its finest

Message 6 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

May 26, 2010

Coolyo2 wrote:

a24fan wrote:

If the headset works on a PS3, there's nothing wrong with it because a PS3 recognizes the USB interface the same way as a PC.  In your case, something happened during installation that caused the driver not to install properly.  Mind you, this is for the mic only.  Though you can use the PX21 as a straight USB headset, you won't be able to control the volume of the chat and game sounds separate.  To do this, you need to plug in the green jack to your PC to get sound.  The USB is for the mic and also for power.

ZackFair95 wrote:

They're awesome

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Tritton's sound quality is nowhere near Turtle Beach. I owned the AX720 for nearly a month before bringing it back to Best Buy. There is absolutely NO BASS at all in the AX720! Plus, the headset itself is more like a helmet--it literally squeezes your head and makes wearing glasses unbearable. Oh yea, and it's heavy as heck too.

I'd rather stick with my PX21 which is as comfortable as can be and sounds incredible. Not only that, but Turtle Beach has tons of extra features built into their headsets. What does Tritton have? Nothing but lackluster sound.

Sorry but the ignorant here is you.

I own those and they are not heavy and i wear glasses all day and it doesnt bother me at all.

Maybe you are too weak that even these light headphones are heavy but that's just you.

I don't mean to troll or flame but i disagree with what have you said.

And there different types of people who like different types of things. Not everyone likes one thing as no headset is the best.

Every headset has it pros and cons.

Message 7 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 26, 2010

Anyone know if these still work

Message 8 of 8 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes